Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Costumes!

Custom Title
    I can't wait anymore. This girls need show what they are going to wear.

Custom Title
    Meryl and Charlie look like they have at least updated their OD costumes. Check out the photo to the right of the article.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...outine-changes

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    Meryl and Charlie look like they have at least updated their OD costumes. Check out the photo to the right of the article.

I love Charlie in the black, but somehow I felt like Meryl's old dress suited the program better. This one is beautiful, but not as "indian."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post

Black, red, gold? Very heavy combination. The previous costumes were better IMO. More Indian and more original.

Would've loved Meryl's original costume with Charlie's updated one. But they still look marvelous!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Here's a bit of a tease for Tessa's costume ;

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-ska...s+must+perfect

Apparently , her favourite is not the colour Marina visualized for the piece, but then ,Tessa's the one who has to skate and be happy in it .

Here's an article in which Vera Wang talks about creating a bunch of costumes for Evan Lysacek (!!) this season,
    I wish she would stop creating his costumes. they are terrible. Just my opinion.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Black, red, gold? Very heavy combination. The previous costumes were better IMO. More Indian and more original.
    The cut of the original costume on Meryl was more Indian, but I was never fond of the color scheme, just too much going on. The new costumes have a much more focused and impactful palette. I don't find it heavy at all, just more regal. However, trying to pass off a bustiere as an Indian costume is a stretch, albeit a sexy one.

Quote Originally Posted by dlkksk8fan View Post
    I wish she would stop creating his costumes. they are terrible. Just my opinion.
    His short program costume is comical. His free skate one, though, is possibly my favorite male costume ever. If only someone else was wearing it.

Did Vera make that SP costume? Her designs are usually simple and elegant. That definitely was neither simple (the feathers at the cuffs) nor elegant. JMHO, but just because you skate to "Firebird" doesn't mean you have to have feathers.

According to Vera this afternoon, she doesn't know which Evan costume he's gonna choose tonite. It's either the Nationals version, the GPF version, or the COC/SA version.

Sadly B/A are sticking to showgirl & Elvis for their FD. ARGH!

Banned
    What Takahashi was wearing for FS? Sales from Harajuku?

Custom Title Charlotte Elizabeth's Avatar
    Does anyone know what is Meryl and Charlie gonna wear for their FD? and Tessa and Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    What Takahashi was wearing for FS? Sales from Harajuku?
    I think he looked lovely, better than the spokesperson for quads and the man always in black, at least.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    I'm normally not a fan of anything Lysacek wears, or Lysacek himself, but I did love the FS costume he wore for most of the season, the one with the cagey epaulets and the ruching. The Snakes on a Plain costume at the Olympics was a letdown.

Daisuke's FS costume, a new one, I think, was highly conservative by his standards. I liked it, though. It had a more casual, down to earth vibe than the one he used to use, and it fit the program better. Also if you think that's Harajuku style, you really don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by DesertRoad; 02-20-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    looks like they wanted to make Dai's costume a little more run-down and earthy (...ok...) but I preferred the cut of his old one.

Either way, I like the cut of his jib !

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast