Yags bids farewell at SC | Golden Skate

Yags bids farewell at SC

Germanice

On the Ice
Awww, wish I'd have been there, even though I probably would've cried an ocean, just like a normal, decent, typical melodramatic Yags-fan. :D

Anke (... still in 1.000.000 depressions!) :(

guinevere

Final Flight
I hope TPTB at ABC show this as part of their SC coverage. It's hard to say that, knowing that showing this would mean chacking some skaters who actually competed, but I would love to see it.

I was fortunate enough to see Yags' race car program at SA last year - it was a great competitive SP!!

Good luck to Yags in the pro world!

guinevere

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
guinevere - how lucky to have seen the race car program at SA. I thought that was such an interesting and different program. Only Yags could have pulled that one off ... the way that boy moves!

It (Yags' race car) was on TV last night, in last years' CSOI. (Boy, does that show need some more ladies! Only Jennifer Robinson to hold her own against Yagudin, Browning, Eldredge and Steven Cousins.)

Mathman

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awww, wish I'd have been there, even though I probably would've cried an ocean, just like a normal, decent, typical melodramatic Yags-fan.
Anke, I had the great pleasure of being there and it was very difficult watching him perform. They showed a video of his competitive career and then it shows a current scene of him walking around inside the rink and he shows his pass and said this is the last time I will have one of these. His voice drops and then he is introduced. He gives Tatiana a big hug and kiss. He then gives a little speech and he starts to cry. While he is performing he is shedding tears.

It was sad but I handled it very well.

Dee

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
...him walking around inside the rink and he shows his pass and said this is the last time I will have one of these...

:cry: Although, I'm sure he'll take his passion for skating and continue to have an impact on the sport.

Germanice

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
Anke, I had the great pleasure of being there and it was very difficult watching him perform. They showed a video of his competitive career and then it shows a current scene of him walking around inside the rink and he shows his pass and said this is the last time I will have one of these. His voice drops and then he is introduced. He gives Tatiana a big hug and kiss. He then gives a little speech and he starts to cry. While he is performing he is shedding tears.

It was sad but I handled it very well.

Dee
Thanx, Dee! :)
Well, I wouldn't have (handled it well); Oh my! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sooner or later (more later ;)) I'll get a tape of it, I'm sure!

Anke

Last edited:

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Thank you, Dee. What a treasure for you to have been there. I think I would have cried oceans, too, Anke.

Nan :cry: