Kristi on cover of USA Weekend | Golden Skate

Kristi on cover of USA Weekend

http://www.usaweekend.com/ (click on Olympics, or just wait.)

Kristi's take on the Olympics.

Biggest myth about figure skaters. "That we're dainty....In 1992 I dip-squatted 205 pounds on my shoulders,and I only weighed 92 pounds.

(I would try that at home, but I am not so foolish as to thkink that I am as strong as a 92-pound girl. :) )

Undertelevised sport to watch on line. Biathlon...It combines two sports that are challenging in different ways. First, they need the stamina to do cross-country skiing. Then, they need to dial back off of the adrenaline you get from racing to hold a gun steadily enough to hit a traget.

Worst thng about sharing facilities with hockey players:

"They get the ice all cut up, and they want the ice colder because they wear heavy uniforms. Then they go into the locker room and stink it up.

When we complain, they tell us we're being prissy prima donnas."

Biggest myth about male skiers. "Well, that they're fun-loving Casanovas. But thet nyth is actually true."

OK, how much romantic canoodling actually goes on at the athletes' village? "[Laughs.] A lot! Hey, you have a bunch of attractive athletes all together in one place, and it feels klike a college dorm in there. When you're finished with competition, many of the competitors want to let loose."

So, what are you saying, Kristi? :laugh:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
someone's king of the typos this morning ;)

I love Kristi. she rocks! :rock:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I read this this morning. (Yes, I still take a print newspaper)....Liked her take on the winter Olympics, especially her insights into the popularity of curling :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
gotta keep the Kristi love going, after all of this time she's still one of the "big names" that the media and public turn to this time of year... it'll be interesting to see if Mao and Yuna hold up in their country's as well as Kristi and some of the others have in theirs!