Eurosport Olympics Coverage | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Eurosport Olympics Coverage

Danale

On the Ice
I'm on the Eurosport mailing list for figure skating events and my e-mail stated coverage from 2 til 3.45 am. What time does the event begin? We might miss Shen/Zhao live...

I believe it's CET time, so I think that means we'll be missing half an hour of live coverage.

ETA
In the opening ceremony they said the Chris and Simon will be the commentators.

euroskate

Final Flight
same was this night - freestyle, pairs, something, pairs, something, pairs.
But I managed to see everything because of the live feeds in internet. This also kept me awake because i had to constantly move from the sofa to the computer. Well I could watch everything online, but quality is of course loads better on TV.
So it´s going to be the same tonight and i guess also the other nights. It´s going to be so hard, because I will go to the office as normal. It was about three hours sleep for tonight...

schiele

Final Flight
Changes in schedule??

Am I hallucinating (from obvious lack of sleep) or Eurosport completely changed its FS related schedule and almost all of the initially promised repeats during the day & night are gone? I see no repeats for Men's SP!!! :mad::mad::mad: BOOOOO, shame on you Eurosport (again!)!!

Trewyn

Medalist
^^You gave me a major fright; and I went to check my schedule and all looks relatively okay. Yes; no replay of the SPs, but they're airing practically the whole thing live! Men's freeskate; is interrupted once for 15 minutes of snowboarding? Hopefully this coincides with the moment the ice is sweeped. No everything still looks alright, thank god; with my party and all, I can't afford to have to rely on live streams for the LP!

antmanb

Record Breaker
Eurosport should be ashamed of themselves with the crappy way they're showing the skating - they have two channels and they can't actually show us the figure skating from start to end? I haven't tried to watch the pairs FS yet but the SP was a disgrace - the coverage started late so they missed Shen &Zhao (and I always hate it when the commentators have obviously watched it and planned their commentary so when they show the programme later they deliver it as if they are watching the programme for the first time) we got to watch one group then they went off to the moguls for the middle two groups so we didn't get to see Langlois&Buntin or the Evora & Ladwig. Then I was just a bundle of nerves for the final group worrying about whether the reocrding would actually get to the Germans or not (thankfully it did). I've learnt my lesson though and despite all the FS break to another sport, FS break to another sport I just set everything from the first FS including all of the other sports until the 4 hours is over and hope i catch it all but it's difficult with a recoding box that you can't set for times just for programmes.

Anyway I have to say the best coverage so far for me is the BBC - their coverage runs all night long on BBC and if you press the red button you can select the skating and you get the whole thing from start to finish....but of course you have to be actually watching it live in order to do that and i can't....though i will be watching the mens Sp tonight live.

Oh and one more :rolleye: moment at Eurosport - the four or so different broadcast parts of the pairs FS had as its information "Live coverage from the Pairs Long Programme at teh Vancouver Olympics where wolrd champions Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin will try to win the gold". They really couldn't get a fact checker for that?

Ant

schiele

Final Flight
^^You gave me a major fright; and I went to check my schedule and all looks relatively okay. Yes; no replay of the SPs, but they're airing practically the whole thing live! Men's freeskate; is interrupted once for 15 minutes of snowboarding? Hopefully this coincides with the moment the ice is sweeped. No everything still looks alright, thank god; with my party and all, I can't afford to have to rely on live streams for the LP!

No no, live coverage is still on but the repeats are gone. I am terribly suffering from this early rising and lack of sleep syndrome.. TRT3 is also not showing any proper repeats so Im really forced to rise early and watch. :mad::mad:
Ant, I agree with you about the disgraceful way the thing is being shown, Im glad i only forced myself to get out of bed to see the last group, otherwise I'd be even more furious. I hope they do a better job with men.
Btw, I thought I had BBC at home, or did I not? Is BBC really showing? Are there several types of BBC (BBC UK, BBC int) maybe? I have to go home and check what I have. Isn't BBC the one that broadcasts Eastenders?

Trewyn

Medalist
Not showing Shen/Zhao was really a disgrace. And interrupting for 45 minutes in the middle of Pairs SP was what caused me to fall asleep and miss the later WUGs. So yeah; I get the frustration.
I'd also like to know more about the BBC coverage? And the red button thing, I'm guessing that's only when you have digital tv which I don't have? Anyway; Schiele, you should to try to maybe tape it if you can set your recorder? That way you can watch it any time you want and not rely on their repeats...

Alatariel

On the Ice
The BBC coverage is excellent!

I've been watching online via the Eurovision link and they are really good - quiet except for a word or two during the programs, good commenting too so I was quite pleased. As these are separate feeds there are no interruptions at all! Quite brilliant that.

I prefer ES commentators but as previous posters have said - the times are a disaster and they show the top 4 or 5 pairs in the rerun (one for pair LPs on now), not to mention the interruptions .... not worth the stress.

euroskate

Final Flight
The BBC coverage is excellent!

I've been watching online via the Eurovision link and they are really good - quiet except for a word or two during the programs, good commenting too so I was quite pleased. As these are separate feeds there are no interruptions at all! Quite brilliant that.

I prefer ES commentators but as previous posters have said - the times are a disaster and they show the top 4 or 5 pairs in the rerun (one for pair LPs on now), not to mention the interruptions .... not worth the stress.

agree!
I watched Eurosport and in the breakes BBC trough Eurovision. So it was quite OK for me. This changes from TV to Computer also helped me staying awake.
Does anyone know if and how it is possible to make the vid-picture on Eurovision bigger?

antmanb

Record Breaker
I'm not sure about internationally but it is the BBC they broadcast in the UK. Specifically it is BBC 2 and the programming starts at around midnight GMT and runs through to 6am. The digital tv give you the option to press the red button on your remote and it opens up a number of small screens showing different sports and you can select figrue skating literally from the very start of the first group warm up right through to the end of the medal ceremony. Sadly though you can't set it to record the red button coverage in advance (more's the pity) but i don't know what happens if you press the red button then select record...might give it a go for the men's SP tonight.

BBC commentators are Robin Cousins and Sue Barker (who clearly reads from a crib sheet!) but they are very quiet through the performances and then comment at the end. To be fair I don't think Robin likes the IJS and doesn't go into much good detail about levels, GOE. He's advocating the myth that the power lies with one person (the technical controller) when in fact it's up to a panel of 3. Anyway if we coudl have BBC coverage with ES commentary (swapping Simon from ES with Robin!!) it would be heaven!

Ant

Alatariel

On the Ice
@antmanb - Lol, indeed, if we could just mix it up a bit, we'd be all set. I wouldn't mind seeing all my future skating competitions that way actually! But even though they're not en par with the ES guys, at least they are quiet which I find to be very significant so it's ok! And yes, it's the same broadcast for us too, Eurovision just picks it up that's all.

@euroskate - I tried to, didn't manage to work it out, I don't think we can enlarge it. And yes, staying awake is a nightmare for us Euros though I don't think I'll have issues tonight! :biggrin: