Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kwan Puts Career on Ice

Kwan Puts Skating Career on Ice

I haven't seen this posted unless I'm putting it in the wrong forum. This is a very good article about Michelle, how she feels about her skating career and where's she at right now at this point in her life. She has so much class and it's wonderful to read about her life after skating.

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_s..._boston_globe/
    Last edited by paralegalmkfan; 02-02-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Thank you for posting that wonderful article.

...when she watched last month’s national championships on TV, Kwan was pulling for Sasha Cohen, her two-time Olympic teammate who was making a long shot comeback at 25.

“I was really rooting for her because I know how much hard work it is, how many challenges she had to overcome,’’ Kwan says. “That was a triumph in itself. Everybody applauded her for being there.’’
    Last edited by Mathman; 02-02-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Custom Title
    Nice article.

Medalist
    I like her more every day. I'd kill for a siting too!

Great article. Michelle is a class act. She was rooting for Sasha too. Gotta love the Kween.

Custom Title
    What a lovely article. It makes me so happy about the way Michelle's life is proceeding. I'm glad we'll always have the enjoyment of looking at her skating on YouTube, but it seems that it's time for her to move on, and she appears to have found something that equals skating for her. Good for her! No standing still, no regrets.

Thanks so much for posting this!

Thanks so much for posting this article. How nice to read that Michelle has found another passion and that she seems to be enjoying her post-skating life so much.

Class. Act.

Ant

Loooooove her! ♥ (:

I hope she does some shows this summer!

Yes, hopefully she will still have time for some shows. She skated beautifully in Korea.She looked very fit too.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Amazing skater. Amazing person.

Custom Title
    I'm so happy she's happy! She seems to really have a solid grasp on her life right now and is definitely heading in a good direction. A career in politics would be so cool. I'd definitely vote for her for president

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Amazing person. Amazing soul

Custom Title

Michelle

She seems very happy and I am happy for her. She is such a well rounded person. My husband went to Tufts, we met while he was at Tufts and had a wonderful time there. It is a great college town and she is right next door to Boston, which is fantastic for someone her age. She made the right choice. I think she will have a very rewarding and rich life. I love the fact that she "Youtubes" her peformances.

Custom Title
    For some reason I've never been able to watch her 1998 long program, the Olympic one done to "Lyra Angelica." Perhaps inspired by this article, I went back and watched it--not the Olympic one, but the one she did at Nationals. It reflects her radiant personality, and I'm so glad to have watched it again. But I'm even happier to realize that it was just one of many splendid programs she skated, and that even with all of her accomplishments in skating, her skating career itself will clearly not be her only life achievement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast