Kwan Puts Career on Ice | Golden Skate

Kwan Puts Career on Ice

Thank you for posting that wonderful article.

...when she watched last month’s national championships on TV, Kwan was pulling for Sasha Cohen, her two-time Olympic teammate who was making a long shot comeback at 25.

“I was really rooting for her because I know how much hard work it is, how many challenges she had to overcome,’’ Kwan says. “That was a triumph in itself. Everybody applauded her for being there.’’

:)

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great article. Michelle is a class act. She was rooting for Sasha too. Gotta love the Kween.

What a lovely article. It makes me so happy about the way Michelle's life is proceeding. I'm glad we'll always have the enjoyment of looking at her skating on YouTube, but it seems that it's time for her to move on, and she appears to have found something that equals skating for her. Good for her! No standing still, no regrets.

Thanks so much for posting this!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thanks so much for posting this article. How nice to read that Michelle has found another passion and that she seems to be enjoying her post-skating life so much.

figuristka

Medalist
Yes, hopefully she will still have time for some shows. She skated beautifully in Korea.She looked very fit too.

dannyascii

On the Ice
I'm so happy she's happy! She seems to really have a solid grasp on her life right now and is definitely heading in a good direction. A career in politics would be so cool. I'd definitely vote for her for president:biggrin:

kyla2

Final Flight
Michelle

She seems very happy and I am happy for her. She is such a well rounded person. My husband went to Tufts, we met while he was at Tufts and had a wonderful time there. It is a great college town and she is right next door to Boston, which is fantastic for someone her age. She made the right choice. I think she will have a very rewarding and rich life. I love the fact that she "Youtubes" her peformances.

For some reason I've never been able to watch her 1998 long program, the Olympic one done to "Lyra Angelica." Perhaps inspired by this article, I went back and watched it--not the Olympic one, but the one she did at Nationals. It reflects her radiant personality, and I'm so glad to have watched it again. But I'm even happier to realize that it was just one of many splendid programs she skated, and that even with all of her accomplishments in skating, her skating career itself will clearly not be her only life achievement.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
So true Olympia... She's simply the greatest and its been a pleasure and joy to watch that little jumping bean with her ponytail flying grow into such an intellegent and driven young woman. She's a tremendous asset to both skating and this country. I am and will forever be a proud member of Kwan Nation and loyal subject of the Kween... long may she reign...

lcd

Match Penalty
Will be wonderful to see her as a correspondent with Good Morning America through the Olympics!

So true Olympia... She's simply the greatest and its been a pleasure and joy to watch that little jumping bean with her ponytail flying grow into such an intellegent and driven young woman. She's a tremendous asset to both skating and this country. I am and will forever be a proud member of Kwan Nation and loyal subject of the Kween... long may she reign...

Kwan Nation--I love it! Let's design passports.

I do hope I get to see all of her reports for the current Olympics. She'll likely have a great time being there without the stress of competing, and I hope she'll have interesting insights.