Lysacek on Jay Leno | Golden Skate

Lysacek on Jay Leno

Did you guys see Lysacek on Leno just now? He did pretty well. Kristi and Mirai were in the audience. :)

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Two of the most wretched people in one room. Talking to each other?

Why on Earth would I watch this?

DesertRoad

Final Flight
What an awful thing to say about Kristi and Mirai!

Just kidding. We all knew who you meant. Speaking of awful, it doesn't seem like Leno gave Kristi, or more importantly, Mirai a chance to talk, even though Mirai likely took an afternoon of training off just to tape the episode. This would've been one of her few chances to build her brand and open up future opportunities before the Olympics, where she'll get some exposure, but probably won't medal. It's not like I could hate Leno more, but I'll try.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Wow, Evan is really skinny, compare to real people. :biggrin:
Why would Leno give Mirai a chance to talk? She's somewhere in the back row and was just there, enjoying the show. Evan gave her a shoutout, which was nice.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Wow, he even sat Mirai in the back. There aren't words filthy or eloquent enough to express my rage at Leno.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I watched but then I love Evan and Jay. Not sure why people who hate Leno and Evan did.

I thought it was a good interview nothing out of the ordinary. Jay asked questions about Evan's training regime and if Evan had any superstitions. Evan replied that he did and at that point the banter between Jay and Evan got sort of silly. I suppose Jay was trying to be funny. It was obvious that Jay does not follow figure skating. lol Oh yeah Jay made a remark about how he likes Evan's costumes because they look like regular clothes apparently he was referring to the tuxedo he wore last season at Worlds (they did show a brief clip of Evan's LP at Worlds), not sure if Jay has seen Evan's feathers this season.

Off Topic: Wanda Sykes was on before Evan and she was hilarious as usual. Love her newest HBO Special. if you have not seen it check it out. It is out on DVD now.

ETA: Link to Evan's Interview

http://www.thejaylenoshow.com/video/clips/evan-lysacek/1199368

Last edited:

Figure88

On the Ice
Evan must be a really nice guy for fellow skaters to take off time from their busy Olympic practice sessions to support him.

About Evan's feathers and movement: I believe he's supposed to portray a bird in his short program (music is Stravinsky's Firebird). Hence, the reason for some of arm movements and the costume.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
About Evan's feathers and movement: I believe he's supposed to portray a bird in his short program (music is Stravinsky's Firebird). Hence, the reason for some of arm movements and the costume.

Evan's entirely black costume is in the mold of charcoal bird . . . I see no fire. ;) :p

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Evan looked amazingly hot, Jay was stupid, but that was not unexpected. Overall not bad.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I really cannot understand why Lysacek did this show now of all time? He should just be concentrating on the Olympics trainingwise and even more mentally, perhaps.

^ I wonder if this wasn't something that NBC cooked up, by way of using the Leno show to advertise the Olympics.

nubka

Final Flight
Evan must be a really nice guy for fellow skaters to take off time from their busy Olympic practice sessions to support him.

Yes, but he just ends up looking like Big Bird...:laugh:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I really cannot understand why Lysacek did this show now of all time? He should just be concentrating on the Olympics trainingwise and even more mentally, perhaps.
1) Jay Leno is on NBC - so are the Olympics.
2) Jay Leno is taped in Los Angeles - where Evan lives/trains. So there's no significant travel time going to/from show.

Jay Leno is an idiot. He asked stupid questions and made inane comments. It was excrutiating to watch. But Evan was a good sport about it.

aurora100

Final Flight

I'm certain neither Evan nor Jay had a say on this encounter. NBC spent huge $s to buy the right for NBC coverage and they are seriously worried about losing money. Especially with the traditionally "flagship" event aka figure skating event has no US star. No ladies especially. I'm sure they were forced to do this to promote Olympics which is only one week away.

I believe there have been a number of gay organizations complaining about Leno. Is he homophobic? or is it that he uses gays for laughs as one would laugh openly at black persons in years past? :unsure:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^ Wanda Sykes is gay and black and she is a regular on Jay's show.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I believe there have been a number of gay organizations complaining about Leno. Is he homophobic? or is it that he uses gays for laughs as one would laugh openly at black persons in years past? :unsure:

And this has to do with Evan how?