Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67

Thread: Biggest hopes for the Olympics

  1. #1
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,637

    Biggest hopes for the Olympics

    What are you most hoping for these Olympics?

    For me it's:

    1. For Mao to get it together and skate great and really give Kim Yuna a tough fight. I miss the rivalry.
    2. For Evan to win gold, irritating everyone who is irritated by him.
    3. For Jeremy to skate the way he did at nationals.
    4. For at least two of the American guys to make the podium.
    5. For Rachael and Mirai to skate they way they did at nationals (or even better) and land where they might in the standings.
    6. To see a beautiful skate from Stephane Lambiel.
    7. To see Joubert beaten the standings by someone who doesn't do a quad. (KIDDING!! sort of)

  2. #2
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    What are you most hoping for these Olympics?

    For me it's:

    1. For Mao to get it together and skate great and really give Kim Yuna a tough fight. I miss the rivalry.
    2. For Evan to win gold, irritating everyone who is irritated by him.
    3. For Jeremy to skate the way he did at nationals.
    4. For at least two of the American guys to make the podium.
    5. For Rachael and Mirai to skate they way they did at nationals (or even better) and land where they might in the standings.
    6. To see a beautiful skate from Stephane Lambiel.
    7. To see Joubert beaten the standings by someone who doesn't do a quad. (KIDDING!! sort of)
    1. Yes (Battle, not a coronation!)
    2. No.
    3. Yes
    4. Eh.
    5. Kinda yes.
    6. Yes
    7. Liar!

    ETA: How could I forget?! FOR SHEN & ZHAO TO WIN
    GOLD.
    Last edited by aftertherain; 01-28-2010 at 11:38 PM.

  3. #3
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    1. Mao to come back with a good skate, so Ladies event can be more exciting.
    2. No splatfest or disappointing upsets
    3. Mirai to skate well
    4. Shen/Zhao to finally win Gold
    5 Zhang/Zhang to skate well (I admire their courage at last Olympics)
    6. No judging controversy
    7. And for someone to dethrone Plushenko (only because I want to see his reaction)

    Btw. Why are so many irritated wih Evan?

  4. #4
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,637
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    1. Yes (Battle, not a coronation!)
    2. No.
    3. Yes
    4. Eh.
    5. Kinda yes.
    6. Yes
    7. Liar!
    Hahahaha! I meant for people to put their own hopes down but thanks for responding to mine. That works too.

  5. #5
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,637
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    1. Mao to come back with a good skate, so Ladies event can be more exciting.
    2. No splatfest or disappointing upsets
    3. Mirai to skate well
    4. Shen/Zhao to finally win Gold
    5 Zhang/Zhang to skate well (I admire their courage at last Olympics)
    6. No judging controversy
    7. And for someone to dethrone Plushenko (only because I want to see his reaction)

    Btw. Why are so many irritated wih Evan?
    From what I gather a lot of people consider him a "meh" skater who doesn't have anything that stands out. So they were down that he won the world gold.

    I dunno, I just really enjoy his skating for some reason. I just like his energy and his ice presence. And I think he's a great all around skater who doesn't do anything badly. Actually, who does everything well.

  6. #6
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Hahahaha! I meant for people to put their own hopes down but thanks for responding to mine. That works too.
    *coughtoolazycough*

    And for the record, I don't hate Evan, I just ... don't like him? Idk. I used to be a slight fan. Something about him bothers me now. But you're free to like him (obviously).

  7. #7
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,637
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    *coughtoolazycough*

    And for the record, I don't hate Evan, I just ... don't like him? Idk. I used to be a slight fan. Something about him bothers me now. But you're free to like him (obviously).
    I don't think the people who criticize Evan are Evan haters. I enjoy hearing what everyone thinks about all the skaters. It helps me realize things about them I might not have realized before and be more critical or more appreciative. Sometimes I even change my mind. Like with Jeremy. I've grown to love Jeremy.

  8. #8
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    I don't think the people who criticize Evan are Evan haters. I enjoy hearing what everyone thinks about all the skaters. It helps me realize things about them I might not have realized before and be more critical or more appreciative. Sometimes I even change my mind. Like with Jeremy. I've grown to love Jeremy.
    I know what you mean. I used to dislike Sasha, but since 2006, she's grown on me. *shrugs*

    I still don't like Sarah or Tara though, for reason you can guess. (Totally immature, right? I've got another reason too though)

  9. #9
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    98
    I would like to see all the inconsistent ones doing well, landing or their jumps and so on. Would be great to see the result lists when everyone skates to their full potential. Of course, knowing it's the biggest competition there is, this is VERY VERY unlikely.

  10. #10
    Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    615
    I have one hope:
    No splatfest, please.

  11. #11
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    I hope I wont burn the popcorn again.

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    World peace and universal brotherhood. And no cheating technical panels or judges.

  13. #13
    Custom Title NatachaHatawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    724
    1) Yu-Na to beatifully win gold
    2) A Joubert - Lambiel - Verner podium (yeah, in my dreams!) with three amazing skates
    3) The whole competition to be amazing and exciting
    4) Fair judging (I'm dreaming too much!)

  14. #14
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    And I think he's a great all around skater who doesn't do anything badly. Actually, who does everything well.
    ummm, have you ever seen Evan's 3Axel?


    My biggest hopes for the Olympics are:

    No judging controversy in any discipline
    Inspiring skating in all disciplines where every skater skates up to or surpasses his/her full potential, thus making the competition in every discipline really exciting and really unpredictable.
    I hope the skaters who are most well-rounded technically and artistically win the medals in every discipline.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 01-29-2010 at 07:05 AM.

  15. #15
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,637
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I hope I wont burn the popcorn again.
    Burned popcorn ruins everything. Get a back-up bag.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •