Yuka Sato And Her Father Face Off In Vancouver | Golden Skate

Yuka Sato And Her Father Face Off In Vancouver

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Yuka choreographed for Kozuka before (that lovely Take Five program, a masterpiece), though, so he's her protege, too. So it's not really as dramatic as the article makes it out to be.

shine

Record Breaker
Well, I hope so. Kozuka is a genius with his blades and I don't think anyone has better skating skills in the world than him. Wonderful innate musicality too. But there's still much room for maturing as far as his presentation goes. Just like how I feel about Chan. 2014 will be their time.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think it just shows what a 'dynasty' the Satos have in skating.... they're both fantastic... and I bet Mr. Sato is extremely proud of Yuka's accomplishments.

Golly, that's right! It's wonderful to contemplate two generations of Sato coaches bringing their skaters to the Olympics. Thanks for posting this. I'm so thrilled that Yuka's adding to her accomplishments in skating, and her father must be so proud that she's following in his footsteps as a coach. Like Brian Orser, she seems to have the knack for making her skater feel confident in his skills, and I'm sure she's meticulous about training and technique, judging from her own beautiful footwork and stroking.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's great for both Yuka and her dad, and I'll bet they're very happy for each other. I hope both Taka and Jeremy do really well at the Olympics and Worlds! :) :love: :clap:

lcd

Match Penalty
There is such an intelligent, refined and regal quality to both of these coaches. The skating world benefits from their presence. Their athletes should make them proud.

Last edited:
Yuka must have such a wonderful temperament. I remember in the pre-Yuka years, noticing that Jason Dunjen never seemed to change expression. I actually thought he was kind of wooden and inexpressive, though a good skater of course. Since he and Yuka got together, I don't think I've ever seen him without a smile.

sk8rdad

On the Ice
Yuka must have such a wonderful temperament. I remember in the pre-Yuka years, noticing that Jason Dunjen never seemed to change expression. I actually thought he was kind of wooden and inexpressive, though a good skater of course. Since he and Yuka got together, I don't think I've ever seen him without a smile.

That likely had to do with his constant fear of receiving yet another facial fracture from he's previous partner.

iriseyes

Rinkside
Yuka choreographed for Kozuka before (that lovely Take Five program, a masterpiece), though, so he's her protege, too. So it's not really as dramatic as the article makes it out to be.

True. And in fact, she is still choreographing for him! Both short and long. You'll notice the similarities between Kozuka and Jeremy's program styles for that reason. Every thing Yuka touches is gorgeous!

Trewyn

Medalist

That Take Five program was a masterpiece! Kudos to Yuka! I hope both Kozuka and Abbott do great at the Olympics! If Abbott can skate like he did at Nationals or better, a medal (maybe gold) should be his!!! Takahiko may have to wait until 2014, but if some of the favorites lose their nerve; he has a shot!