Kristi Yamaguchi - Face of America | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kristi Yamaguchi - Face of America

Tigger

Final Flight
When I saw this being promotied during Roadshow a month ago, I made plans to not only watch, but also tape it. (Of all times for the DVR to die...Grrr!!!) I've seen the other series Dr. Gates has done like this and loved them and loved the episode on Wednesday.

One thing that really hit me though? That scrapbook they've made for all who have taken part in the series, what a gift for Keara and Emma that is going to be in the future. That really is the best part about Kristi taking part in this thing. :)

heyang

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed watching the 1st episode, and not just for Kristi. All of their backgrounds had so many interesting points.

To me, 'the greatest generation' doesn't fuss about their accomplishments because it was just the right thing to do. You work hard and act honorably. You don't give up the fight, you just keep on going. IMO, their struggles and gains have made life a lot easier for those that came afterwards. It was just life to them. When my grandmother died, my grandfather was 'dividing' up the jewelry randomly into 5 ziploc bags - 1 each for his 3 aughters and 2 daughter-in-law's. He randomly mentioned that there would've been more, but it was stolen by pirates when they were travelling from Hong Kong back to the home village [before they emigrated to the U.S.]. This was about 20 years ago - long before hearing about the pirates still roaming off the coast of Somalia. So, we were surprised to hear this bit of family history, but he thought it was just an every day occurrence.