icenetwork: Flatt plans to savor Vancouver experience | Golden Skate

icenetwork: Flatt plans to savor Vancouver experience

Phoenix347

Final Flight
A nice article about Flatt on icenetwork:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100205&content_id=8027550&vkey=ice_news

She plans to attend the opening ceremony and stay at Olympic village to mingle with other athletes:

"One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is the opening ceremonies [on February 12]," she said. "I've heard from a lot of the past Olympians that it's one of the best experiences, because you really get the sense of community with your team and it's where you feel the true sense of camaraderie."

"Oh, I'm definitely staying in the athlete's village, because that's where most of the action is," she said. "I'm looking forward to meeting Lindsey Vonn and Apollo Ohno."

And doesn't seem to feel the Olympic pressure:

"Going in to the Olympics I have nothing to lose, I'm going to enjoy every moment of it and skate all out," Flatt said.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think Mirai and Racheal both will have a great Olympic experience. There really is no pressure on either one of them to win or medal or even do well. They both are young and taking their first well-earned trips to the Olympics.
Racheal should not be worried about missing school. Who cares about spring of senior year anyway!

R.D.

Record Breaker
She is the dark horse. She could pull a Sarah at 2010.

I suppose it's possible but I don't think she is in contention for Gold. Silver or bronze, though, not totally out of the question depending on how others do. But the Olympics have a funny way of undoing people...I don't necessarily think Flatt will have the SOHL here. I hope otherwise though

aurora100

Final Flight
I suppose it's possible but I don't think she is in contention for Gold. Silver or bronze, though, not totally out of the question depending on how others do. But the Olympics have a funny way of undoing people...I don't necessarily think Flatt will have the SOHL here. I hope otherwise though

What is SOHL?

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Reminds me very much of Tara Lipinski's attitude...and we all know how that turned out! Good luck to Rachael. I have a feeling she's going to perform very well. Ladies skating is always a bit of a crap shoot because of inconsistency and nerves. A good performance, on a splatfest day will be enough for a medal. I don't think Rachael will medal if the ladies bring their A games, but there are so many question marks, I'm not counting Rachael out.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think at least two of the four faves will fall victim to Olympic pressure and nerves. Hasn't been any other way for a looong time