So, those fixes... | Golden Skate

So, those fixes...

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
February 4th was supposed to give us updates. I'm not sure that there have been any. Posts are still all squashed together, making the board absolutely horrible to read.

The "Search" function is really bad too. I can't find exact posts that I'm trying to look for - the search function now only returns entire threads rather than individual posts and it doesn't even do that properly.

By "squashed together." do you mean that posts appear in a narrow column on the left, with a big wide margin on the right?

Does this occur just for the first and last posts on each page, or for all posts?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The new patch has not been released yet. Be assured that we are on top of this.

seniorita

Record Breaker
By "squashed together." do you mean that posts appear in a narrow column on the left, with a big wide margin on the right?

Does this occur just for the first and last posts on each page, or for all posts?

If i can help, posts appear ok, not in a narrow column and not any big margins on the right. It takes all the page width and they are centered in the middle. They look fine. I ve lookedwith mozilla & chrome in windows xp / vista and linux platform. I havent seen the IE version.

So maybe BoP means that when you go to reply option (advanced version) the posts below you look packed one after the other, without the blue bars seperating them. But that doesnt look like a problem anyway. They are just seperated with a black line.

The forum is loading veeeery sloooooowly.

Quotes in replies are sometimes very tall and skinny - hard to read.

Type in reply box is still tiny.

And all this seems to be affecting participation, I'm sorry to say.

And now this post is tall and skinny. Why?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
As far as we can tell, for people with older version of Internet Explorer or Firefox, the first and last post on a page gets narrow. Expand your display of GS to a whole page, and it is more bearable, although still small. AFAIK, the small reply box affects everyone, and I hope it will be fixed soon. The reply is better if you pick the Go Advanced button just below the Reply box.

OK, thanks. I do use Firefox so that clarifies even if it doesn't help very much. Expanding display does help some.

I don't mean to whine but it's a drag to have to use extra clicks ("go advanced") in order to find smilies. Type in reply box is still tiny though.

Some of the spontaneity and fun of posting are lost. I fear this whole change was a mistake and I don't see any gains. Sorry, but I mean this only as a loving warning! :cry:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
1 - as Paula said, the "fix" has not come out when it was supposed to - give it time
2 - this was not done to tick people off, far from it
3 - Paula breaks her back for all of us to have a good time, let's give her the benefit of a doubt and keep with it. she's as stuck as we are until the fixes are out

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Update from Vbulletin.com

Please note that we are delaying the release of 4.0.2 because we are working to improve the quality of this build, primarily issues related to RTL languages and IE browsers. Currently we are targeting the end of next week for this release. While we know this will be a disappointment to some, we feel that it is more important to get these issues resolved in this version rather than pushing them to a future one.

Tesla

Final Flight
Thank you for all your hard work. I have no problems with the updates. They are different, but I can get used to that. I just have one little issue that I'd like you to be aware of. When I click the "go to first new post" button," it doesn't take me to the first new post. Now, I am assuming it works like it did in the old version, where it'll take me to the first unread post. If that isn't the case, then my bad. That I do find a little frustrating, but I like posting and lurking here, so I'll just deal. I'm not going anywhere! :)

sunrock

Rinkside
May I suggest taking a screencap of your computer screen if it loads in a wonky way?

1 Display the area on the forum that is giving you a headache
2 Press Print Screen
3 Paste the image on Paint
4 Save the image
5 Upload the image on a free online server such as imageshack
6 Leave the link here so the admins & mods can understand what the heck you're talking about

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you for all your hard work. I have no problems with the updates. They are different, but I can get used to that. I just have one little issue that I'd like you to be aware of. When I click the "go to first new post" button," it doesn't take me to the first new post. Now, I am assuming it works like it did in the old version, where it'll take me to the first unread post. If that isn't the case, then my bad. That I do find a little frustrating, but I like posting and lurking here, so I'll just deal. I'm not going anywhere! :)

I have the problem too, and it's on the list of bugs that need fixing.

This one drives me crazy, too. I hit last page instead until it's fixed.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I just realised that in new version we can save our pms in txt or xml :bow:and I m excited because all this time i was always full of inbox wanting to keep some i liked, now I can empty all!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Good luck to rest upgrades!!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
seniorita - there is an announcement atop every forum explaining why the signatures are gone. Anything to keep the board from crashing over the games is a good thing.