Who will try a quad and land it? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who will try a quad and land it?

jennylovskt

Medalist
Thanks for letting me know there are more men who can do the quad. Sorry, I don't follow the men's event as much as the ladies. I just thought the quad should be a stable jump of the men by now, so I was kind of surprised to hear so many of the competitors not landing it consistently or not even attempting it. I was little exaggerating when I said they were almost at same level as the ladies ;). I meant in relative terms. Many of the top female contenders are doing the hardest jumps that are required of ladies (3-3, 3axel). (Although the technical difficulty hasn't matched 1992 Olympics where two women attempted triple axels in one competition). So naturally, I feel that the male contenders should also at least try the quad.

What I have listed in my last post was just the top consistant quad jumpers in response to your previous post of asking the consistant quad jumpers. If you are talking about the quad jumpers in general, there are more than a dozen quad jumpers. Some of them are not even in the top league. Unfortunately, some of the quad jumpers are not good at any other things. Some of the top skaters are not big jumpers, such as Evan Lysacek (although, I really don't know what he is good at if you think about it), Patrick Chan, and Johnny Weir.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think Evan may land it... even with the crash land and downgrade at nationals.. I think the olympics will pump him up.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I don't think Mao has "lost" the 3/3 but because her jumps are not as high as they used to be it will almost always be downgraded. She knows this and so does not bother trying it. Is she really worked on them, she could get them clean again, like she was getting her lutz clean, but choose to abandon these efforts in favor of the 3 triple axles, which takes up most of her ice time it seems.

miki88

Medalist
I don't think Mao has "lost" the 3/3 but because her jumps are not as high as they used to be it will almost always be downgraded. She knows this and so does not bother trying it. Is she really worked on them, she could get them clean again, like she was getting her lutz clean, but choose to abandon these efforts in favor of the 3 triple axles, which takes up most of her ice time it seems.

As I said, this judgment should be made if she adopts her current layout in the future. For all I know, she still practices the 3/3, so she is still working on them, just they are not in her layout this season. Also, her 3/3 being downgraded may not be a technical thing per se, because Miki who does good 3/3 in practice tends to leave them out in fear of downgrades. She says she will include them at Olympics but who knows she may play safe again. So I think Mao is not the only one plagued by her 3/3.

Last edited:

sk8rdad

On the Ice

I would say you just described the concept of "lost". Mao had a 3/3 that got credit now she doesn't therefore 3/3 is "lost". Yes she may be able to get it to the point of being credited again in the future but for the time being it is "lost".

plushyta

On the Ice
Daisuke, Kozuka,Oda and Abott will try and land it.
Maybe also Brezina and Amodio try their 4S and Fernandez his 4t.
Plushy will not? :eek: :p

I know. I am just amazed that every single topic would end up in the ladies skating even in the quad thread.
... or Plushenko :laugh:

I think that even they will not know at the moment while out on the ice, what will jump :biggrin: - everything will be decided on the spot ... and everything will depend of a results in short programs, and the order of appearance in LP (what will predecessor do) ;)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think Evan may land it... even with the crash land and downgrade at nationals.. I think the olympics will pump him up.

I don't think so. Like him or not, Evan is not stupid and neither is Frank. Nationals did not work out. Evan knows he can be clean without the quad, so he will go for that and let the placement be what it may.

miki88

Medalist
I would say you just described the concept of "lost". Mao had a 3/3 that got credit now she doesn't therefore 3/3 is "lost". Yes she may be able to get it to the point of being credited again in the future but for the time being it is "lost".

If you say that is "lost", then what do you say about Miki's 3/3 ? She also tends to get downgrades to the point that she is wary of putting it in her programs anymore, even though she says she will at the Olympics. Also, if a skater can do it in practices, but for some reason at competitions due to nerves which I suspect may be the Japanese skaters' case, then do you call that losing it because they still can do it. So I don't think you can say that the skater has lost it.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I had a dream that I was at the Olympics and landed a Quad. It was glorious. I came in 2nd in the Short Program too. The dream didn't last long enough to see how the Long Program went. :scowl:

jennylovskt

Medalist
I know!!! Cant we just squeeze them a bit?? like pairs or ice dance. there is room for six:rolleye:

Good idea!:laugh: Plushy and Joubert on the top, Lambiel and Abbott second, and Takahashi and Chan third. (See, Chan can be on the podium too.:biggrin: Canada is happy.)

I had a dream that I was at the Olympics and landed a Quad. It was glorious. I came in 2nd in the Short Program too. The dream didn't last long enough to see how the Long Program went. :scowl:

:laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Good idea! Plushy and Joubert on the top, Lambiel and Abbott second, and Takahashi and Chan third. (See, Chan can be on the podium too.:biggrin: Canada is happy.)
:laugh:
That would be a really dreamy podium :)
hmm, can we squeeze tomas and weir there, and I m sure oda fits as well!
had a dream that I was at the Olympics and landed a Quad. It was glorious. I came in 2nd in the Short Program too.
:clap:blades for gold!
do you by any chance remember who was first?:p