Akiko Suzuki

James/Bonheur
    Denny/Barrett

Weaver/Poje
    Zadorozhniuk/Verbilo

What if one of the above listed gets on the podium? Mon Dieu

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I would add Kerr/Kerr to your list.

BTW, Weaver/Poje are not competing in Vancouver since they finished 3rd at Nationals. There was a pretty big controversy about it, but that's the way the cookie crumbled.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-07-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Custom Title
    You'll have to explain your ice dance picks. Weaver/Poje aren't going. And the Ukranians aren't particularly noteworthy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    What if one of the above listed gets on the podium? Mon Dieu
    Well, I don't see any of them on the podium, except maybe Akiko

Samuelson & Bates

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Well, I don't see any of them on the podium, except maybe Akiko
    Thats the point of the thread, that they will not be on the podium.

I'm just one of those blokes who likes good figure skating whether the competitors are on or off the podium. we already have said our share about the the contenders. My last sentence was just in case there is an upset, but this year, there are so many contenders waiting for the top favorites to falter that those in my list do not have a chance.

I consider The Kerrs as a contender, but not a top contender. However, i will continue to enjoy their programs. Same idea with Johnny Weir.

Tripping on the Podium
    I would add Johnny Weir to the list. I just don't see Johnny medaling, as much as I would love for him to be on the podium.

I have a hunch that Mirai may add a 3x3 and skate one of the very best SP's in Vancouver.
    I have another hunch that the judges will decide it is "not her time" and keep her score down.

But if Mirai skates well she will definitely be one of the biggest crowd pleasers and "reputation scoring" can't take that away from her.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    i had to check the entries first, lol!
    I m taking only skaters who have not skated in previous Olys, or are relative new in seniors and can win a new audience there!

For men, I d say Fernandez with his Lp will excite the audience, Brezina in Sp, Amodio in Lp, Dennis Ten and maybe Borodulin with his sp.

Kozuka I consider him a medal contender, in any case he has and will impress again!
    Weir will impress one way or another, lol, but doesnt fall in this category.

From ladies, first and most Sarah Meier (but i really hope she medals), Kira and Leonova, maybe Sebestyen(i know she is been around for ages but it is worthmentioning her courage) and Tugba.

Other newbies like Akiko as also Mao and Yuna fall in the probably will medal category.
    Last edited by seniorita; 02-07-2010 at 05:19 PM.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurdler4eva View Post
    I would add Johnny Weir to the list. I just don't see Johnny medaling, as much as I would love for him to be on the podium.
    I pray with every fiber of my being that you are wrong.

No one thought he'd make the GPF and he did, people predicted he'd come in last at the GPF and he got the bronze. People keep dismissing him, and he keeps rising to the challenge. His SP has been very consistent, but he has yet to do the perfect FS (still no meltdowns though) this season, but I hope he can peak in Vancouver or at Worlds.

His training has been going excellent and he seems so happy and upbeat. I think one of the best Olympic moments in history was when Paul Wylie proved everyone wrong and won a silver medal, so hopefully Johnny can have a moment like that and garner a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    No one thought he'd make the GPF and he did, people predicted he'd come in last at the GPF and he got the bronze. People keep dismissing him, and he keeps rising to the challenge. His SP has been very consistent, but he has yet to do the perfect FS (still no meltdowns though) this season, but I hope he can peak in Vancouver or at Worlds.

Playing devil's advocate but, is he really rising to the occassion, or are the rest just crapping out and he's lucky enough to be skating as he always has? nationals he was very lucky that Bradley's 3A left him...

eta- and I realize I'm wearing an Evan avatar, but that's not why I bring the thought up