Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Skaters (Teams) who will not Podium but will Impress Viewers

  1. #16
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    49
    Ladies; Tugba , Meier
    Men; Fernandez

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    339
    Crone & Poirier, of course.

  3. #18
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,834
    I think Mirai has the potential to wow the crowd, if not medal. Its easy to see her stealing the hearts of US skating's casual fans, espcially if she skates as well as she did at Nationals. But then, I'm a fan and have her as my pick to upset the big four in this cycle.

  4. #19
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    I think Mirai has the potential to wow the crowd, if not medal. Its easy to see her stealing the hearts of US skating's casual fans, espcially if she skates as well as she did at Nationals. But then, I'm a fan and have her as my pick to upset the big four in this cycle.
    I'm with you about Mirai KW.
    Towards the end of Mirai's LP at Natls Sandra Bezic said, "and her Spirit ....... the best!"

  5. #20
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,988
    Mirai for sure. She has such charm, especially this season.

    If Denney and Barrett skate like they have been skating they will impress many, but even if they skate as they did in Spakane I can't see them medaling.

    Verner will wow us with a quad and Zorba the Greek and then pop his triples.

    I hope this is not true, but Akiko certianly draws the audience in. I hope she medals though!

  6. #21
    Joey Votto Fangirl KwanFan1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Posts
    781
    I think Evora & Ladwig may impress some people if they skate similar or better than they did in Spokane. Their lifts are amazing and always crowd pleasers. I agree that Denney & Barrett will impress people though too.

  7. #22
    On the Ice paralegalmkfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanFan1212 View Post
    I think Evora & Ladwig may impress some people if they skate similar or better than they did in Spokane. Their lifts are amazing and always crowd pleasers. I agree that Denney & Barrett will impress people though too.

    I agree with you about Evora & Ladwig. I was so happy for them when they won silver at nationals. The emotions that they showed when they were interviewed touched my heart and I was thrilled when they were named to the Olympic team. I like your website for them, btw. I also think Denney & Barrett will impress people.

    I think Mirai and Rachael will do the U.S. proud in the ladies division with Mirai making more of an impression because of her personality. I don't think either one will medal, but the ice is slippery and anything can happen.

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    219
    Two Words.

    Evgeni Plushenko


    :D

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by kappa_1 View Post
    Two Words.

    Evgeni Plushenko


    :D
    You wish!

  10. #25
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    You wish!
    he will not podium or he will not impress the viewers????

  11. #26
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Men's field is so deep that there will be a lot of skaters who impress the viewers, but cannot make the podium. This is both good and bad.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    he will not podium or he will not impress the viewers????
    Oooooh, Seniorita! The sun would rise from the west before Plushy finishes off the podium.

  13. #28
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    52
    Plushy may make the podium, but he won't impress this viewer.

    I would love to see the Kerrs medal, but I fear they won't. There is no doubt they will impress the crowds tho!

  14. #29
    I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by OHgal View Post
    Plushy may make the podium, but he won't impress this viewer.

    I would love to see the Kerrs medal, but I fear they won't. There is no doubt they will impress the crowds tho!
    I am praying the Kerrs shine as well. They have the guts to be unique and they are magnificent to watch. If they could just nail their twizzles they would be medal contenders for sure. Also they are Scottish, big plus in my book (Scottish heritage). And John is so cute.

  15. #30
    Custom Title snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,416
    Agree about James/Bonheur.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •