Weaver/Poje
Zadorozhniuk/Verbilo

What if one of the above listed gets on the podium? Mon Dieu :rolleye:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would add Kerr/Kerr to your list.

BTW, Weaver/Poje are not competing in Vancouver since they finished 3rd at Nationals. There was a pretty big controversy about it, but that's the way the cookie crumbled.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
You'll have to explain your ice dance picks. Weaver/Poje aren't going. And the Ukranians aren't particularly noteworthy.

Well, I don't see any of them on the podium, except maybe Akiko :)
Thats the point of the thread, that they will not be on the podium.

I'm just one of those blokes who likes good figure skating whether the competitors are on or off the podium. we already have said our share about the the contenders. My last sentence was just in case there is an upset, but this year, there are so many contenders waiting for the top favorites to falter that those in my list do not have a chance.

I consider The Kerrs as a contender, but not a top contender. However, i will continue to enjoy their programs. Same idea with Johnny Weir.

Hurdler4eva

Rinkside
I would add Johnny Weir to the list. I just don't see Johnny medaling, as much as I would love for him to be on the podium.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I have a hunch that Mirai may add a 3x3 and skate one of the very best SP's in Vancouver.
I have another hunch that the judges will decide it is "not her time" and keep her score down.

But if Mirai skates well she will definitely be one of the biggest crowd pleasers and "reputation scoring" can't take that away from her.

futureidol

On the Ice
I would add Johnny Weir to the list. I just don't see Johnny medaling, as much as I would love for him to be on the podium.

I pray with every fiber of my being that you are wrong.

No one thought he'd make the GPF and he did, people predicted he'd come in last at the GPF and he got the bronze. People keep dismissing him, and he keeps rising to the challenge. His SP has been very consistent, but he has yet to do the perfect FS (still no meltdowns though) this season, but I hope he can peak in Vancouver or at Worlds.

His training has been going excellent and he seems so happy and upbeat. I think one of the best Olympic moments in history was when Paul Wylie proved everyone wrong and won a silver medal, so hopefully Johnny can have a moment like that and garner a medal.

seniorita

Record Breaker
i had to check the entries first, lol!
I m taking only skaters who have not skated in previous Olys, or are relative new in seniors and can win a new audience there!

For men, I d say Fernandez with his Lp will excite the audience, Brezina in Sp, Amodio in Lp, Dennis Ten and maybe Borodulin with his sp.

Kozuka I consider him a medal contender, in any case he has and will impress again!
Weir will impress one way or another, lol, but doesnt fall in this category.

From ladies, first and most Sarah Meier (but i really hope she medals), Kira and Leonova, maybe Sebestyen(i know she is been around for ages but it is worthmentioning her courage) and Tugba.

Other newbies like Akiko as also Mao and Yuna fall in the probably will medal category.:p

Last edited:

skate4ever

Rinkside
Laura Lepisto: I think she will land beautiful 3-3s and make Suomi proud.
Mirai Nagasu: Despite the rule, I think she will show tears. Let's hope they will be tears of joy.
Min-jung Kwak: She looked pretty good at 4CC. Yu-na will somehow "toughen her up" a bit before the competitions in Vancouver. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
No one thought he'd make the GPF and he did, people predicted he'd come in last at the GPF and he got the bronze. People keep dismissing him, and he keeps rising to the challenge. His SP has been very consistent, but he has yet to do the perfect FS (still no meltdowns though) this season, but I hope he can peak in Vancouver or at Worlds.

Playing devil's advocate but, is he really rising to the occassion, or are the rest just crapping out and he's lucky enough to be skating as he always has? nationals he was very lucky that Bradley's 3A left him...

eta- and I realize I'm wearing an Evan avatar, but that's not why I bring the thought up :laugh:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Glad you mentioned Amodio..I'm really looking forward to his performance. Weaver and Poje won't be there , but I think Crone and Poirier will garner attention ( all positive , since they fixed their costumes..:biggrin:)

reynycpr

On the Ice
Along with those who picked Amodio, Nagasu, Meier, Tugba, Kerr/Kerr; I'm adding Korpi, Gedevanishvili to mine.

A clean/memorable performance from any of those mentioned above would give me goosebumps. :clap:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I think Mirai has the potential to wow the crowd, if not medal. Its easy to see her stealing the hearts of US skating's casual fans, espcially if she skates as well as she did at Nationals. But then, I'm a fan and have her as my pick to upset the big four in this cycle.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I think Mirai has the potential to wow the crowd, if not medal. Its easy to see her stealing the hearts of US skating's casual fans, espcially if she skates as well as she did at Nationals. But then, I'm a fan and have her as my pick to upset the big four in this cycle.

I'm with you about Mirai KW.
Towards the end of Mirai's LP at Natls Sandra Bezic said, "and her Spirit ....... the best!"

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Mirai for sure. She has such charm, especially this season.

If Denney and Barrett skate like they have been skating they will impress many, but even if they skate as they did in Spakane I can't see them medaling.

Verner will wow us with a quad and Zorba the Greek and then pop his triples.

I hope this is not true, but Akiko certianly draws the audience in. I hope she medals though!