Thread: Blizzard 2010!!!!

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar

Blizzard 2010!!!!

Well, guys as I'm sure you might have heard, the Northeast part of the US is pounded with a blizzard! From Friday to Saturday my stepdad measured 17" of snow! It was also 25 degrees yesterday. I don't know how cold it is out there now but it's COLD! We're having a state of emergency here as well! Several homes have been without power and heat for the entire weekend, my sister and brother included.

So I took the opportunity on Friday to test out my digital camera I got for Christmas! Not only did I take several photographs which you can see on my Facebook but you can also see videos I shot!

www.youtube.com/user/anyaangie

Hope you like them!

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    We have 2 feet in DC. Expecting 10-20" more tomorrow. My entire body hurts from shoveling.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    It's bad here in Illinois, too. blech

In Manhattan, the mobile snow plowers are sweeping the streets so that vehicular traffic can move. However they pile the snow up by the bus stops so that bus riders are inconvenienced.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    In Manhattan, the mobile snow plowers are sweeping the streets so that vehicular traffic can move. However they pile the snow up by the bus stops so that bus riders are inconvenienced.
    Same thing going on in Omaha. The people are getting out into the street to flag down the bus. I am so sick of snow. We had to cancel our traditional Christmas time on the 25th because of the snow. We had Christmas on the 27th and we had to leave early because of more snow. I haven't really gone anywhere on the weekends because I live in an apartment complex and everyone is fighting for a cleaned parking area. The managers in the complex haven't done snow removal, they just pushed the snow around. That's a whole other issue, so I'll stop here.

Please stay safe!!!!

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    Well, yesterday our pipes froze and burst, now we're without water. It SUCKS!

Far as I know my sister STILL has no power and no water, it's been 6 days now!

Philly had a major storm on Saturday, (28 inches? in some areas), and another one Tuesday evening through last night (about 18 inches where we live). Schools were closed on Monday, open on Tuesday, closed yesterday and today, and we'll see about tomorrow. Everyone be careful in this mess!

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    December 21...total snow fall 28 inches
    February 6...todal snow fall 27.5 inches
    February 10...total snow fall 17.5 inches

Seriously...enough is enough!!! And they are predicting another storm on Monday here in South Jersey!!

Where is that global warming when you need it. We've had a lot more cold and snow than usual, especially moisture. Hate it. Although this last one melted quite soon. Probably had 4 or 5 inches but piled up a little and melted. Hardly any left now. Have no idea why Wichita closed school. Streets were never bad except some of the overpasses were slick for a while. Hope this is the end of it. Sure feel for all of you. And here the Olympics need it and aren't getting it. Such is life. Can't wait for spring. Been waiting since Sept. LOL

Home for another snow day. There are huge piles of snow everywhere. Back to school on Tuesday (since Monday is Presidents' Day).