Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Michelle Kwan - GMA Special Correspondent for the Olympic Games

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    680

    News Michelle Kwan - GMA Special Correspondent for the Olympic Games

    Just saw this on icenetwork.com:

    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...e_pressrelease

    Also ABC News:

    http://blogs.abcnews.com/pressroom/2...ndent-cov.html

    Can't wait to see her first report on Friday!!!

  2. #2
    On the Ice paralegalmkfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    48

    News Kwan Joins ABC's Olympic Coverage

    http://blogs.abcnews.com/pressroom/2...ndent-cov.html

    I'm looking forward to her reports.

    For those who absolutely hate to hear her commentate in any capacity, luckily for you, her spots are early in the morning and there are several stations to catch your Olympic news from.

  3. #3
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,335
    There is also a thread about this in the Olympics folder.

    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...-Olympic-Games

    Heh heh, so NBC didn't hire Michelle so she went to the competition. I wonder what Conan O'brian thinks about all this.

  4. #4
    On the Ice paralegalmkfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    48
    Sorry ~ I didn't look in the Olympics folder ~ DUH! Feel free to delete this thread.

  5. #5
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Interesting that she jumped the NBC ship after they seemed so eager to have her. I guess she just wants a smaller role in everything and considering most people will be watching NBC for the Olympics, she won't be seen by as many eyeballs.

  6. #6
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,346
    Looooove her!

    I hope she commentates better than she did at 09 Worlds though.

  7. #7
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Yay! I get Michelle Kwan on ABC and Chuck Todd on NBC! This combo should make staying up late and waking up early tolerable for two weeks!

  8. #8
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,108
    Thanks for the link. Looking forward to seeing Michelle. Does anyone know if she will actually be in Vancouver? The article did not say.

  9. #9
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    Quote Originally Posted by paralegalmkfan View Post
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/pressroom/2...ndent-cov.html

    I'm looking forward to her reports.

    For those who absolutely hate to hear her commentate in any capacity, luckily for you, her spots are early in the morning and there are several stations to catch your Olympic news from.
    Yeah, lucky for me, my DVR will be occupied recording the competing Today Show on NBC, which should have much more Olympic highlights in it

    I don't think my DVR is getting much of a break in the coming weeks. Not only all the Olympic coverage but a couple of my fave shows, which will air opposite the Games. Thank goodness for dual tuners!

  10. #10
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Interesting that she jumped the NBC ship after they seemed so eager to have her. I guess she just wants a smaller role in everything and considering most people will be watching NBC for the Olympics, she won't be seen by as many eyeballs.
    I believe it was more of a contractual thing... Michelle was a Disney spokesperson for years, so it makes sense that she would provide the updates for GMA.

  11. #11
    On the Ice paralegalmkfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Yeah, lucky for me, my DVR will be occupied recording the competing Today Show on NBC, which should have much more Olympic highlights in it

    I don't think my DVR is getting much of a break in the coming weeks. Not only all the Olympic coverage but a couple of my fave shows, which will air opposite the Games. Thank goodness for dual tuners!

  12. #12
    On the Ice paralegalmkfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    48

    MK's Appearance Today on GMA

    She was in-studio today with Robin. She gives her insight into the games, talking about the U.S. figure skating team and Lindsay Vonn's injury. I hope I posted the link correctly.

    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/gear...ympics-9816771

  13. #13
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,108
    ^^Yep the link works. Thank you for posting. Michelle looks and sounds great and I look forward to seeing her reports.

  14. #14
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Thanks for posting. Michelle's best line, "what is figure skating without controversy."

  15. #15
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,335
    I though her remarks about withdrawing from the 2006 Olympics were interesting. She went back and forth in her mind witout being able to decide what to do, up until the first actual practice session on Olympic ice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •