Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: American judge asking to be more strict with Plush and Jouby at Olys

I think the basic point in all this is clear. If you do a quad, you get 9.8 poiints. If you do a bunch of cool transitions you get 8's in transitions.

If you do a bunch of cool transitions, you cannot ask the judges to give you (besides the 8s that you earned) an extra 9.8 points for the quad you didn't do.

If you do a quad but no transitions -- same thing. You should get the points that you earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think the basic point in all this is clear. If you do a quad, you get 9.8 poiints. If you do a bunch of cool transitions you get 8's in transitions.

If you do a bunch of cool transitions, you cannot ask the judges to give you (besides the 8s that you earned) an extra 9.8 points for the quad you didn't do.

If you do a quad but no transitions -- same thing. You should get the points that you earn.
    Here is what Jenny Kirk said about this a few months ago:

http://trueslant.com/jenniferkirk/20...rting-skating/

Of course it had the Joubert fans howling like mad dogs but Jenny's analysis seemed accurate.

Custom Title
    I think jenny's analysis is spot on. Jeremy is one of the best male skaters out there right now and I think Mirai is too, they both have the complete package, and yet don't score as high as some of the favorites. She left out Lepisto though who I would definitely say falls into the first category of getting star treatment PCS. She's a lovely skater but it seems like even when the jumps are not there she still scores well because of PCS. Hope the scoring is fair at the Olympics!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7