PAIRS-Practice Reports, News, Voids | Golden Skate

PAIRS-Practice Reports, News, Voids

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
are they there already? Wow. Did not know. When do official practices start? I guess after opening ceremonies?

i love to skate

Medalist
are they there already? Wow. Did not know. When do official practices start? I guess after opening ceremonies?

Yep, the skaters started arriving on Sunday! S/S has their first (unofficial) practice yesterday. D/D arrived on Monday morning and Patrick Chan just arrived last night in Vancouver! The official practices start this Saturday :)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Both US teams arrived yesterday and are all ready getting their Olympic gear and all the free stuff. There's an article posted at Yahoo that talked with Amanda Evora about her experience with the free stuff. She's so cute and I'd probably be that giddy too over everything. I'm all ready giddy for them and I'm just a fan, LOL :biggrin:

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/ne...sbV_?slug=ap-usteamarrivals&prov=ap&type=lgns

Last edited:

skatemom8

Rinkside
Jeremy and Caydee posted some pictures of Caydee getting fitted for her Opening Ceremony outfit on their Facebook page today. I can't wait until all the skaters get on the ice and we can start hearing reports!

Wicked

Final Flight
That picture of Amanda Evora is adorable. I hope they have the skate of their lives.

aurora100

Final Flight
Here's a very short Korean news clip. I don't understand Korean, but I think it tells about Yuna Kims practice group. Pair skaters shown at the Oly practice: Kemp/King, Volosozhar/Morozov, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Morand/Dorsaz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxyhChaRUPs

"Inconvenient Meeting Avoided" (This is the translation of the headline of this you tube clip).

It's saying that Yuna's practice schedule could not be "better" Yuna's practice team includes ladies skaters from Croatia (world rank 13), Estonia (18th), German (20th), Korean (Kwak, ranked 57th) and Austria (61st). (Don't recognize the names so I won't try to list the names even though they are written in Korean on the screen).

Mao on the other hand is in a practice group that includes Ando and Akkiko. It says that ladies practices will begin on the 9th until the 21st and ladies are allowed to practice every day but in the same assigned groups. Yuna is not going to arrive in Vancouver until the 21st so the fans will have to wait until then.

This is a strange story since if Yuna doesn't arrive until 21st, it shouldn't matter who she is in a practice group with since she wouldn't be practicing much with them. I think it's just Korean media wanting to get their first story on Yuna vs. Mao.

Then the story moved onto the Pairs practice, which has already begun. and then the Ladies Hockey Team and how Hockey is the #1 sport in Canada and it's feeling more and more that Olympics is here.

That's my take on the clip.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
I do not believe there are any female Croatian skaters competing at these games. Right now Gedevanishvili of Georgia is ranked #13 in the world, perhaps that is what you meant. ;)

In addition to Elene Gedevanishvili, Yu-Na's Practice group includes, Elena Glebova of Estonia, Sarah Hecken of Germany, Miriam Ziegler of Austria, and her countrywoman, Min-Jung Kwak of Korea.

miki88

Medalist
"Inconvenient Meeting Avoided" (This is the translation of the headline of this you tube clip).

It's saying that Yuna's practice schedule could not be "better" Yuna's practice team includes ladies skaters from Croatia (world rank 13), Estonia (18th), German (20th), Korean (Kwak, ranked 57th) and Austria (61st). (Don't recognize the names so I won't try to list the names even though they are written in Korean on the screen).

Mao on the other hand is in a practice group that includes Ando and Akkiko. It says that ladies practices will begin on the 9th until the 21st and ladies are allowed to practice every day but in the same assigned groups. Yuna is not going to arrive in Vancouver until the 21st so the fans will have to wait until then.

This is a strange story since if Yuna doesn't arrive until 21st, it shouldn't matter who she is in a practice group with since she wouldn't be practicing much with them. I think it's just Korean media wanting to get their first story on Yuna vs. Mao.

Then the story moved onto the Pairs practice, which has already begun. and then the Ladies Hockey Team and how Hockey is the #1 sport in Canada and it's feeling more and more that Olympics is here.

That's my take on the clip.

I also think that clip just tried to rile up the rivalry. Although Miki and Akiko are Mao's rivals, they are also her teammates., so it's not like she isn't used to practicing with them. It's good that Yuna is practicing with her teammate though.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Some Olympic Notes regarding the two US pairs from Ice Network:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100210&content_id=8048948&vkey=ice_news

Quotable:
After a seemingly innocuous question, Amanda almost broke down in tears thinking of how far she and Mark have come. That led to her telling the room that a woman at her church told her that if she ever felt like she was going to cry, to press her tongue to the roof of her mouth, and that will hold off the tears. She managed to keep them back, but just barely.

REMINDER: This thread is about the PAIRS news, not Olympic news in general so try to stay on topic. Thanks.

cornell08

Final Flight
Cute Valentines Day Pairs Article

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20100209/ARTICLE/2091045/-1/NEWSSITEMAP?p=3&tc=pg

"Ladwig, who has a 5-month-old son with his wife, Janet, is the only one of the skaters who is married.

Barrett's mother, Laurie Andrews, is quietly wishing that changes.

"I am so hoping there will be six rings at the Olympics this year instead of five," she said."

Is this the engagement Sarah and Drew were predicting and then retracted at Nationals? :eek::love::biggrin::p

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20100209/ARTICLE/2091045/-1/NEWSSITEMAP?p=3&tc=pg

"Ladwig, who has a 5-month-old son with his wife, Janet, is the only one of the skaters who is married.

Barrett's mother, Laurie Andrews, is quietly wishing that changes.

"I am so hoping there will be six rings at the Olympics this year instead of five," she said."

Is this the engagement Sarah and Drew were predicting and then retracted at Nationals? :eek::love::biggrin::p

Don't tell me - another on-ice proposal? :laugh:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I don't think Jeremy will be doing any on ice proposing while they are in Vancouver. For one, they may not be skating around the same time or even in the same group, and for two, I don't think Amanda would enjoy it very much, LOL :laugh:

i love to skate

Medalist
Jess and Bryce are skating very well in practices - including clean runthroughs of both programs!:clap:

Article:
http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/720002

Anyways, I am off to the Games today so won't be posting on here - except a couple practice reports if I have time. Good luck to all skaters!! Hopefully all the disciplines will be very exciting and full of great performances! :thumbsup::biggrin:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyways, I am off to the Games today so won't be posting on here - except a couple practice reports if I have time. Good luck to all skaters!! Hopefully all the disciplines will be very exciting and full of great performances! :thumbsup::biggrin:

Oh, you are so lucky to get to see the Games live. I hope you enjoy the skating and have a wonderful time. It would be wonderful if you have time to post practice reports here. Have fun and be safe! :)