INSIDE THE ACTION - Figure Skating in The New York Times | Golden Skate

INSIDE THE ACTION - Figure Skating in The New York Times

Imo, Great Skating is a mixture of Great Technique plus Great Presentation, and a love of music.

Who has this?

csunny7

Rinkside

dorothea

Rinkside
Imo, Great Skating is a mixture of Great Technique plus Great Presentation, and a love of music.

Who has this?

To be honest, Yuna Kim is the answer.
Skating lovers could not deny Yuna is a real rare mixture of superb technique, fantastic artistry, and excellent musicality.
That's why Sonia Bianchetti loves Yuna's "great skating" so much, and so do I :)

Last edited:

adoreyuna

Rinkside

Who has this?

I agree.

I feel some skaters look like more of robotic than robots, who were called artists or ballerina/os on the ice by their huge fans. I can't agree with their aesthetic sense of a figure skating. But fans (included me) have a right to see what they want. It means that the last two of them(and sometimes, the first one) are bound to be subjective. Hence, have skaters the first one, they can be an answer to your question imo.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
If that's the 3lutz/3loop from her SP at the GPF, it's ironic they'd use that as an example, because the 3toe was downgraded. Of course, if you look at that video, it doesn't seem to be under-rotated at all, just a minor wobble on the run-out well after she landed.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
If that's the 3lutz/3loop from her SP at the GPF, it's ironic they'd use that as an example, because the 3toe was downgraded. Of course, if you look at that video, it doesn't seem to be under-rotated at all, just a minor wobble on the run-out well after she landed.

Right, but she landed so many perfect perfect, no wobbles or doubts. They should have used one of those unless this is supposed to a sly comebacker at the tech caller saying "look here, it was CLEAN!"

so_proud

Rinkside
Right, but she landed so many perfect perfect, no wobbles or doubts. They should have used one of those unless this is supposed to a sly comebacker at the tech caller saying "look here, it was CLEAN!"

I think they might have used the 3Lz-3T because it was the most recent one. Also, regardless of the judge from the tech panel, the 3Lz-3T was perfect enough to be used as an example for the film. So, I don't see any reason why they should have chosen another 3Lz-3T as an example. I don't think the NYT does have to be responsible for making the tech panel uncomfortable. It's the tech panel's own responsibility.

By the way, the 3L-3T analysis video is awesome!!!!!!!! Young skaters could use it when they learn 3L-3T.

Last edited:

Daniel5555

On the Ice
I believe that it was used because it's the most recent footage of it. Most likely, it was NY's decision, not Yuna Team's.
And, by the way, the DG was erroneous for sure. When I first saw it, I agreed with DG, but later after seeing it again and again, I'm sure that there was no underrotation.