Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Olympic Preview to Ladies Figure Skating

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Ooops. Got the LP and SP messed up. Somehow I always thought the blue dress was for her Bond routine.

But don't forget Kristi, Peggy, Dorothy, ~~
    Krisi has another name. TsuyA Yamaguchi. ~~

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    Too often said so now that everyone wears blue, thus the "luck" of blue seems water- thinned to me.
    I would like someone be bold enough to wear gold.
    Sasha almost wore gold...but changed it to the deep red. I am still convinced she would have skated well if she has worn the gold dress like she did at natioanls that year. She wore the bad-luck red dress at worlds and that was a bad skate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adoreyuna View Post
    Krisi has another name. TsuyA Yamaguchi. ~~
    and her nickname in the skating circles (and out) is YamA <--as Mathman pointed out.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    and her nickname in the skating circles (and out) is YamA <--as Mathman pointed out.
    Now we're even doing Nicknames?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Oksana wore baby pink for her LP .... anyone else wearing pink this year? Rachael's SP costume is pink...

And they both used broadway type music. If Mao wears her usual SP dress, it is a lovely shade of pink.

Mirai and Rachael should be pleased with their underdog, "oh yeah, she's skating too" status. Less pressure. Can they pull a Hughes? Maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    I believe that Yu-na will take the gold. Three reasons:

1. She breaks the curse of favourite not winning by showing the vulnerableness through the season, such as losing to Raechel Flat in the LP, and a close call in the GPF to Miki Ando.
    2. TarA, SarAh, ShizukA, and YunA, see the beautiful alignment of A
    3. http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3Den%26sa%3DG
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...N%26start%3D36
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3D2%26hl%3Den
    http://nimg.sulekha.com/Sports/origi...7-15-11-10.jpg

See the trend: They are all in blue dresses
    Sarah's dress doesn't look true blue to me-it seems more purplish/ lavenderish.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter...ews?id=1338353
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 02-13-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Turns out Racheal is going back home....and then returning for the ladies SP

What's Rachael Flatt doing Monday? Flying home.
    The reigning national champion is headed back to Colorado Springs for a few days. She will attend school Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday -- flying back to Vancouver on Friday.
    from

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

This seems rather silly. Flying and adjusting to the time (i know it is just a hour but still) twice? School? She is a second semester senior. The grades don't really count for all that much.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Whoa, what a strange decision by someone you'd think would be totally focused on fighting for the podium.

Maybe she wants to stick it to all those who are sick of hearing about her academic side.

Speaking from a kid who has 1 more AP then her, but 3 that are easy compared to AP Physics, which shes in, any missed school is incredibly annoying...2+ days of homework per day, plus if you get behind and you miss important stuff, it's basically extremely hard to catch up. So I understand her thinking...

but really? Come on. The olympics. You have them once every four years...not to mention the fact that ice is slippery, and you can reaaally easily not be at Sochi, whether it's due to injury or just a bad day at nationals, ie McL/Bru. I'd say screw school; its the olympics.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Well, Rachael's her own person, that's for sure.

Who knows, it might be the best thing - it seems that having a normal life helps keep her on top. This way she'll stay calm and won't obsess.

Custom Title

Rachael Flatt

The only way Rachael Flatt wins a medal is if the other skaters implode. They would have to have very bad skates for her to have a chance. She needs to work on her presentation, posture, spiral...........

http://www.nbcolympics.com/photos/ga...ating+practice

Japan's Mirai Nagasu ...
    Wait. Whaaaat?

Oh, NBC, how you've failed on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by kyla2 View Post
    The only way Rachael Flatt wins a medal is if the other skaters implode. They would have to have very bad skates for her to have a chance. She needs to work on her presentation, posture, spiral...........
    so what? A medal won is a medal won. it goes in the annals of figure skating. The implodees lose out on that. We all have our taste in presentaation which does not count much in the PC scores (the P stamds for Program - not presentation.)

btw, if Sasha and Irina did not implode in Torino, would Shizuka have won? I don't think it matters. It's all about what the judges say during a particular competition.

It's not unusual for the unexpected to happen. Think Irina, Kwan, and Sarah.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast