Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Olympic Preview to Ladies Figure Skating

Custom Title
    You and me both janetfan, i love her this year and want her to medal.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I don't think Flatt or Akiko will podium. Let's wait to see these two next season or even in Worlds as well.
    It's not Akiko but Yukari who is assigned to the next Worlds by the JSF for their 3rd spot.
    Well if Mao wins the Olys she might take a rest and let JSF make Akiko go to Turin.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    It's not Akiko but Yukari who is assigned to the next Worlds by the JSF for their 3rd spot.
    Well if Mao wins the Olys she might take a rest and let JSF make Akiko go to Turin.
    Mao has already said she will go to Worlds and continue regardless of her results at Olympics. I think Akiko is the one who needs a break IMAO; the girl has been working non-stop all season.

Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh View Post
    You and me both janetfan, i love her this year and want her to medal.
    I didn't mean I want Akiko to beat Miki. I meant if any of the top four come out with nervous and/or robotic looking 3-4 triple programs - and Akiko skates her best I would be extremely disappointed if she did not get judged fairly.

But she is my favorite - along with Mirai.
    Last edited by janetfan; 02-10-2010 at 01:12 PM.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    It is hard to say but the last two times Akiko and Miki competetd against each other Akiko skated cirlces around Miki. I know Akiko did not get the marks at the GPF but it is easy enough to see who was better at that event.

If Akiko can skate clean (she always has passion) I see her as good enough to medal. I don't know if the judges will be fair to her or not. If we see a repeat of the inept judging we saw at the GPF then Akiko does not have a big enough "reputation" to medal under the CoP.

I hope for her own satisfaction she skates well and I will be cheering madly for Akiko to do her best.
    Me too ... and also cheering for Mirai and Rachael. I have come to agree that Rachael is the one to watch if the others stumble. Those seven triples in her LP ... But a lot of that is based on the asumption that she will skate clean. It's a good asumption - I don't think she will be under more pressure than she was a nationals, where she was a favorite for the gold. Still - it's an "if." One of the many "IFs" that is going into these analises of the women's competition. The only IF in the men's competition is "who will skate the best?" If only the women's competition were gearing up to be such a great show of talent.

I read a quote from Rachael somewhere in which she says her dream is for everyone to skate well and for her to still be in the top. And she said she really wants everyone to skate clean and for the Olympics to be a great competition. That is exactly the right attitude, and coming from Rachael, I believe she is being truthful. It shows she is thinking about herself and not about what everyone else is doing. Of course, that kind of attitude is a lot easier to have when you don't have the pressure of being a favorite. But that's the way it is, and that is Rachael's advantage. Theoretically, Mirai has the same advantage. But she has the disadvantage of these Olympics being her first major international competition. I just really want Mirai to have an awesome skate and land wherever she lands in the standings.

Lastly, IF Carolina manages to stay upright, I think she's the one, not Rachael. There just so many IFs...

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Mao has already said she will go to Worlds and continue regardless of her results at Olympics.
    Really? I've read that Yuna indeed said so, but Mao also?
    I googled and couldn't find the quote...

I watched a recent video clip in which mao was referring to the nationals, olympics, and worlds as the ones to fight this season.

Regarding akiko, she seems more interested in moving the audience rather than medaling. Easier said than done, but she might be the one who can do because she seems to feel strongly about performance.

Custom Title
    I think it will all depend on the SP how the medals might be won.

Yu Na is the favourite and if she nails a good SP, the title will be hers I reckon she would probably score in the region of 74-76 points and could have a 8-10 point lead on the rest, a nice cushion for a sub par free.

Now there is pressure on Mao to do a good short to try and match Yu Na, is she does it, she wont be too far behind and pressure would be on both Yu Na and Mao on the free, and Mao will have a slight advantage on producing a solid free.

Pressure also on Joannie to do a good SP that has been lacking this year, if she lands a good SP she should score near to 70 and have a shout at a medal.

Miki needs to do a good short, but needs to be careful on full rotation and not get a downgrade if she goes for her loop in her combination that could hurt her.

Suzuki I think will do a good SP to keep her up there, and maybe Nagasu, Leonova, Flatt to join her.

Ps, If, I know its a big IF, but if Lepisto, Kostner are on they will be up there too in with a chance of a silver or bronze.

But Yu Na, Ando and Asada are the main contenders for gold.

Its an interesting sport and anything can happen!!

It all depends on the SP and the final flight of the finals!

Who is willing to rock it when it counts under the unbearable pressure to win gold

It's a mental battle, a battle of toughness and grace under pressure!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The pressure is a lot for Yu-Na

and so is for Mao, but Mao feels like an underdog and she feels Yu-Na will get the majority of the pressure which bodes well for her

Miki could also be the spoiler! I think she has improved immensely and is on her way if everything falls into place

The same goes for Joannie! It's now or never, If she's going to be pressured by the crowd then it's gone for her. But if she is buoyed by the incredible sense of love and inspiration from the people then she is another potential gold medalist

I wouldn't count out Carolina Kostner, she is slowly peaking! She has improved a lot so watch out , the same goes for Rachael! So it's anybody's game!

If Yu-Na skates amazingly, surely she would win!

Akiko is so under the radar, that could be a good thing or a bad thing. A good thing because the pressure is less and this girl has MAGIC!!!! Or a bad thing, since she has not been as established as the later stars in the skating community! As we all know this a political sport, a super star sport! So if you've made a huge impact on the judges then they would really give you high scores! But I'm rooting for her to medal or who knows even win this!West side story on Olympic ice plus Akiko and her charismatic skating = Magic

Custom Title
    What are people thinking Mirai will probably place here? Top 5, Top 10, lower than that? I really have no idea, she always seems great to me, but internationally her scores are not particularly strong (mainly in the PCS part). I think she's better than Flatt, Leonova, Gedevanishvilli, Korpi, Meier, and Kostner and Lepisto if they pull their usuals, but idk if the judges will agree.

Custom Title
    I'm cheering Joannie on. She's worked so hard over the years, redoing her jumps, getting her head on straight. I really am hoping it all comes together for her.....that she has two wonderful skates this time and does what we fans know she can do.................Go Joannie!!!!!

Custom Title
    I believe that Yu-na will take the gold. Three reasons:

1. She breaks the curse of favourite not winning by showing the vulnerableness through the season, such as losing to Raechel Flat in the LP, and a close call in the GPF to Miki Ando.
    2. TarA, SarAh, ShizukA, and YunA, see the beautiful alignment of A
    3. http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3Den%26sa%3DG
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...N%26start%3D36
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3D2%26hl%3Den
    http://nimg.sulekha.com/Sports/origi...7-15-11-10.jpg

See the trend: They are all in blue dresses
    Last edited by hongligl; 02-12-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    I believe that Yu-na will take the gold. Three reasons:

1. She breaks the curse of favourite not winning by showing the vulnerableness through the season, such as losing to Raechel Flat in the LP, and a close call in the GPF to Miki Ando.
    2. TarA, SarAh, AwakadA, and YunA, see the beautiful alignment of A
    3. http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3Den%26sa%3DG
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...N%26start%3D36
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3D2%26hl%3Den
    http://nimg.sulekha.com/Sports/origi...7-15-11-10.jpg

See the trend: They are all in blue dresses

About the blue dress thing. Michelle also wore blue in 1998~~~~~ Also Yuna wears a blue dress in the SP, but the past winners wore blue in the LP. Who is wearing a blue dress in the LP?

Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    2. TarA, SarAh, AwakadA, and YunA, see the beautiful alignment of A
    And don't forget OksanA, YamA, and KatarinA (twice,)

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    About the blue dress thing. Michelle also wore blue in 1998~~~~~ Also Yuna wears a blue dress in the SP, but the past winners wore blue in the LP. Who is wearing a blue dress in the LP?
    Yuna wears a blue dress in her LP.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast