Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Olympian arrivals and rooming situations

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar

Olympian arrivals and rooming situations

Johnny Weir has to leave early (today?) due to a blizzard that's going to hit the East Coast. He will be staying in the Olympic village and rooming with Tanith Belbin. He has already sent packages to his belongings to his room and will come baring gifts. He will most likely walk in the Opening Ceremony Friday.

IN article

I know Evan is leaving on Friday, but he has way less distance to travel. He has a room in the Olympic village, and 2 hotel reservations, isn't he special. He will be in the Opening Ceremony.

So everyone else feel free to announce the arrival of your favorites and their rooming situations.

I don't know about rooming situations but Dube and Davison arrived Monday morning and Patrick Chan arrived Monday night. Here is what greeted him when he stepped off the pane:
    http://olympics.thestar.com/2010/art...-games-welcome

JW and Tanith sharing a room? Weird.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    The two US pairs teams have all ready arrived in Vancouver. Ice Network has a blog going and their first one talked a little bit about their experiences with checking in and getting all their free stuff. Yahoo Sports is also posting articles and news about the US team's arrival but they're obviously focusing on more than just the skating teams.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    JW and Tanith sharing a room? Weird.
    I think they'll both have a blast. I was a little shocked when I heard, but it's 2010 after all.

The Japanese team borrows a house.

Dai is already there.

Mao arrives on 20th.

Yuna also will be there on that day. I read that she will stay in a hotel.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I think it's great that Tanith and Johnny are sharing a room. I just hope there will be some room for Tanith's stuff! I read somewhere that Johnny said he and Tanith used to be close but then their friendship cooled. He sounded sad about it. I'm glad they're friends again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    The Japanese team borrows a house.

Dai is already there.

Mao arrives on 20th.

Yuna also will be there on that day. I read that she will stay in a hotel.
    Why so late. It is her first olympics. I would think she would enjoy the opening ceremony

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Why so late. It is her first olympics. I would think she would enjoy the opening ceremony
    I think closing ceremony with a medal is much more fun
    ladies to arrive at 12, would be too early, some athletes get anxious being there so many days earlier + they lose training at their own peace.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I think closing ceremony with a medal is much more fun
    ladies to arrive at 12, would be too early, some athletes get anxious being there so many days earlier + they lose training at their own peace.
    I think it is really interesting and neat to see which athletes arrive early to march in the Opening Ceremonies and which are living in the Village. It all has to do with their personal situation and what will make the athlete feel the best. Joannie and the rest of the Canadian team will be living in the Village and will be in the Opening Ceremonies. It is interesting to see that the Japanese team is living in a house and it's been reported that Joubert is also staying away from the Village.

As for Tanith and Johnny rooming together - I don't think it is that unusal for male and female figure skaters to room together. Joannie and Jeff were roomates for years

Down With It
    Well, well. I think that's all I'll say

Quote Originally Posted by futureidol View Post
    He has a room in the Olympic village, and 2 hotel reservations, isn't he special.

not sure why the snippy remark at the end, it doesn't surprise me that he has two hotel rooms... if he wants to stay away from the hoopla or keep people guessing it's a smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    not sure why the snippy remark at the end, it doesn't surprise me that he has two hotel rooms... if he wants to stay away from the hoopla or keep people guessing it's a smart thing to do.
    Right, he can put up a cardboard cut-out of himself in the window of the first hotel room, then sneak off to the other one. (I assume they are at two different hotals. )
    Last edited by Mathman; 02-09-2010 at 08:40 PM.

The hotel rooms are probably for Evan's family. At the 2006 Olympics he had several family members with him.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    i think it is normal evan wants to stay in a hotel, some people cannot cope with so many fuss in the village. If it is anything like the Oly village parties of athens 2004, i would say every top contender should go to hotel
    In 2006 I think Plush was also in a hotel with most of Oly team, cause he had said with the pairs stuff back in 2002 there was so much fuss and partying in the next rooms he didnt have any sleep between sp and lp.
    This time I have no idea where he stays though, i think in the village.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast