Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Olympian arrivals and rooming situations

Custom Title
    Jeremy Abbott has arrived in Vancouver 8 hours ago and will live in the village.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Good news! Sinead and John Kerr are in Seattle waiting for a flight to Vancouver, they will make the Opening Ceremony.

Tanith seems to think that the flight for tomorrow is still on, so B/A and D/S might just make it.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Jeremy Abbott has arrived in Vancouver 8 hours ago and will live in the village.
    I wonder whom he's rooming with??

Some people go to hotels, some people turn their room in the village into a hotel! Johnny Weir (Tanith's roomie!) has all sorts of decorating plans - read all about it! This was the best part:
    Weir plans to hang a big picture in his room of Lady Gaga, who he says will be "watching over us, protecting us."
    Johnny is hilarious.

Last I heard, Brian Joubert wasn't planning to stay in the village, but in a rental closer to the rink; he'll be flying to Vancouver tomorrow. Most of team France were in Indianapolis for pre-Olympic training, but I imagine by now they are in Vancouver.

End subjectivity,reduce PCS, fix the COP! schiele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Some people go to hotels, some people turn their room in the village into a hotel! Johnny Weir (Tanith's roomie!) has all sorts of decorating plans.
    He's a typical Cancerian, isn't he? I would've done the same myself..

Custom Title
    I don't know if it's already posted. Stephane, Sarah and the rest of the swiss team, are already in Vancouver. Besides, Steph will be the flag bearer for the Swiss team
    http://www.tsr.ch/tsr/index.html?sit...1&sid=11796245

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    I don't know if it's already posted. Stephane, Sarah and the rest of the swiss team, are already in Vancouver. Besides, Steph will be the flag bearer for the Swiss team
    http://www.tsr.ch/tsr/index.html?sit...1&sid=11796245
    Awww, Steph won the honor of flag bearer . . . that's so great! I will be jumping for joy (and maybe crying with happiness a bit too) when Switzerland's name is called Friday. I recall reading that the Vancouver Opening Ceremonies were being held indoors, so hopefully that will keep the athletes from getting too cold while they are standing through the parade of nations. I hope Steph is able to get some good rest, some great training, and a lot of beautiful skating accomplished at these Games!

Custom Title
    Kevin will carry the flag for Belgium

I'm thinking Joannie Rochette is en route today because her latest tweet (3 hours ago) is "Vancouver Baby!" and yesterday she said, "last day home." LOL She sounds excited.
    http://twitter.com/JoannieRochette
    Last edited by Sk8n Mama; 02-11-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Custom Title
    A wonder if some of the ladies will go to participate in the opening ceremonies, register and all that stuff, then head home to train for another week or so? For both Rachael and Mirai, it's not that much of a trip.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    This from the Official Vancover website:

Weir packs for comfort Related to this article
    Video
    U.S. Nationals: Weir FS
    Johnny Weir finished third at U.S. Nationals with this free skate.
    •U.S. Nationals: Weir SP
    •Johnny Weir sings karaoke
    Slideshows
    Johnny Weir
    •Model Olympian: Johnny Weir
    •Johnny Weir's hairstyles
    RICHMOND (AFP)(AP) -- Johnny Weir now knows how to make the Olympic Village feel like home.

The figure skater and other American athletes went through team processing by the U.S. Olympic Committee on Wednesday, a big step in getting settled in Vancouver. After filling a giant rolling bin with U.S. gear, Weir planned to move into his room - and decorate it.

In Turin in 2006, Weir was surprised by the spartan accommodations. This time, he intends to be totally comfortable. He's bringing three 70-pound suitcases stuffed with everything from candles to his teddy bear to his favorite brand of fabric softener.

Weir plans to hang a big picture in his room of Lady Gaga, who he says will be "watching over us, protecting us."

I thought it was funny. I love Johnny! Tanith is going to have one stylish room!

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    GS needs a like button like on Facebook! Well-deserved honor for Kevin - he was also flagbearer in Turin, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Wonder how many figure skating flag carriers there will be. I have to record the opening and watch it in the morning. Guess there will be known figure skaters performing also.

Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    This from the Official Vancover website:

Weir packs for comfort Related to this article
    Video
    U.S. Nationals: Weir FS
    Johnny Weir finished third at U.S. Nationals with this free skate.
    •U.S. Nationals: Weir SP
    •Johnny Weir sings karaoke
    Slideshows
    Johnny Weir
    •Model Olympian: Johnny Weir
    •Johnny Weir's hairstyles
    RICHMOND (AFP)(AP) -- Johnny Weir now knows how to make the Olympic Village feel like home.

The figure skater and other American athletes went through team processing by the U.S. Olympic Committee on Wednesday, a big step in getting settled in Vancouver. After filling a giant rolling bin with U.S. gear, Weir planned to move into his room - and decorate it.

In Turin in 2006, Weir was surprised by the spartan accommodations. This time, he intends to be totally comfortable. He's bringing three 70-pound suitcases stuffed with everything from candles to his teddy bear to his favorite brand of fabric softener.

I thought it was funny. I love Johnny! Tanith is going to have one stylish room!
    But will there be room for her?

Custom Title
    As far as I know, Sasha Zaretski will be the flag bearer for Israel (this wasn't too difficult, Israel will have only 3 athletes. The Zaretskis and a skier)

LOL at Johnny's room :D

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I love Johnny room! Is there room for Tanith

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast