Olympian arrivals and rooming situations | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Olympian arrivals and rooming situations

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
This from the Official Vancover website:

Weir packs for comfort Related to this article
Video
U.S. Nationals: Weir FS
Johnny Weir finished third at U.S. Nationals with this free skate.
•U.S. Nationals: Weir SP
•Johnny Weir sings karaoke
Slideshows
Johnny Weir
•Model Olympian: Johnny Weir
•Johnny Weir's hairstyles
RICHMOND (AFP)(AP) -- Johnny Weir now knows how to make the Olympic Village feel like home.

The figure skater and other American athletes went through team processing by the U.S. Olympic Committee on Wednesday, a big step in getting settled in Vancouver. After filling a giant rolling bin with U.S. gear, Weir planned to move into his room - and decorate it.

In Turin in 2006, Weir was surprised by the spartan accommodations. This time, he intends to be totally comfortable. He's bringing three 70-pound suitcases stuffed with everything from candles to his teddy bear to his favorite brand of fabric softener.

Weir plans to hang a big picture in his room of Lady Gaga, who he says will be "watching over us, protecting us."

I thought it was funny. I love Johnny! Tanith is going to have one stylish room!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I don't know if it's already posted. Stephane, Sarah and the rest of the swiss team, are already in Vancouver. Besides, Steph will be the flag bearer for the Swiss team :)

Kevin will carry the flag for Belgium :)

Wonder how many figure skating flag carriers there will be. I have to record the opening and watch it in the morning. Guess there will be known figure skaters performing also.

This from the Official Vancover website:

Weir packs for comfort Related to this article
Video
U.S. Nationals: Weir FS
Johnny Weir finished third at U.S. Nationals with this free skate.
•U.S. Nationals: Weir SP
•Johnny Weir sings karaoke
Slideshows
Johnny Weir
•Model Olympian: Johnny Weir
•Johnny Weir's hairstyles
RICHMOND (AFP)(AP) -- Johnny Weir now knows how to make the Olympic Village feel like home.

The figure skater and other American athletes went through team processing by the U.S. Olympic Committee on Wednesday, a big step in getting settled in Vancouver. After filling a giant rolling bin with U.S. gear, Weir planned to move into his room - and decorate it.

In Turin in 2006, Weir was surprised by the spartan accommodations. This time, he intends to be totally comfortable. He's bringing three 70-pound suitcases stuffed with everything from candles to his teddy bear to his favorite brand of fabric softener.

Weir plans to hang a big picture in his room of Lady Gaga, who he says will be "watching over us, protecting us."

I thought it was funny. I love Johnny! Tanith is going to have one stylish room!

But will there be room for her?

sigrid

On the Ice
As far as I know, Sasha Zaretski will be the flag bearer for Israel (this wasn't too difficult, Israel will have only 3 athletes. The Zaretskis and a skier)

LOL at Johnny's room :D

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I love Johnny room! Is there room for Tanith:laugh:
According to the Aunt Joyce blog, based on a former roommate of Johnny's, there will be no room for Tanith's makeup. :rofl:

Sasha Zaretsky is indeed the Israeli flagbearer, and Julia Sebestyen will carry the Hungarian flag. France, Canada and the US will not have skaters as flagbearers.

OHgal

Rinkside
LOL! Johnny's too funny.:laugh::laugh: I just hope that in the midst of all the decorating he doesn't forget he has to skate!

Evan's crack about his Olympic real estate made me laugh, too. Maybe he plans on subletting some space to earn some extra cash.:laugh:

futureidol

On the Ice
*plays violins*

There's a smiley for that :boohoo:

If you want to know everything about what Johnny packed here's an article

I'm delighted to hear that Johnny's mother, father, and brother will all be in Vancouver cheering Johnny on. It will be so special for him as his dad and brother rarely get to see him skate live.

R.D.

Record Breaker
UPDATE

Rachel Flatt is on her way and has her credentials (via Twitter)

Tanith Belbin is "on board a flight" to the west coast, so we'll she if she can make it in time for the OCs.

Last edited: