American Idol - Anyone Watching????? | Golden Skate

American Idol - Anyone Watching?????

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was just wondering if anyone was watching and what your thoughts are about Ellen D.?

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'm waiting for the auditions to end. Then I'll begin watching the actual competition so no favorites yet.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
merrywidow = we're into Hell week now.. .

I don't think Ellen adds or detracts at all... just one more talking head with star power...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm watching. Love the talent so far. Ellen fits in quite well, I think. I don't miss Paula at all...........42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm watching. Love the talent so far. Ellen fits in quite well, I think. I don't miss Paula at all...........42
Every morning while getting ready for work, I listen to Mike Evans. He gets some inside scoops on stars and such. He commented this morning that Simon & Ellen had a few words, so all was not happy happy in AI land.

I love Ellen but I just don't get her purpose for being on the show...I really didn' like her comments, you did good, what does that mean??? I felt very uncomfortable with her on the show and I felt the same way when she was on So you think you can dance.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree she doesn't bring much in the way of constructive critisizm (I can't spell), but then neither did Paula (and neither does Kara most times)

what Ellen does bring, I think, is the same type of audience that Paula brought in...

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
what Ellen does bring, I think, is the same type of audience that Paula brought in...
Ellen did say that she may not know all about singing but what she does know is how to keep an audience entertained. In that respect I guess she could give some great advice. We'll see.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think it's a weak argument for her (shoot if that's the case you could make an argument to throw Scott Hamilton or other prominent figure skater up there).

I think they should stick to three judges

or forget the female judge entirely and just have Simon and Randy

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I agree, three judges would be enough, but it looks like we've got Ellen for the duration.........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'd rather have Ellen than Kara... Kara is a drama queen who likes to chew people out just to chew them out... blah.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
American Idol: It is true, that during the first two tapings in Hollywood, Simon and Ellen did have issues with each other. So bad, producers had to do major editing to get their arguments out of the show. … And, It is true, Ryan Seacrest has told the producers, if they hire Howard Stern, he will quit immediately – end of story!
Here's the quote from Mike Evans.

Howard Stern would be the end of Idol for me. :mad: :mad:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
good for Ryan...

I probably won't watch past this season anyway. Without Simon it's not AI

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I got pretty disenchanted with AI after trying out. The process is completely a farce.
I'm not saying that cause I didn't get through. I was really crushed, at the time, but I'm kinda glad I didn't..after what I've seen.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last night was the first time I got to watch since the Olympics. The only talent I really saw was Big Mike, but then I'm not being really fair, I did fall asleep during the last 1/2 hour. I have a question.....how do you disagree with Randy???? Randy very seldom gives a bad review and Ellen said...well I disagree with you ....I think my jaw dropped on the floor. That has got to be so confusing.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
to be honest this year - the little I've seen - Randy's given fair and balanced critiques. I say fire the ladies adn give us nothing but Randy and Simon. :laugh: I'll keep saying it.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad the gal that left last week is gone....her ending song was awful.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is it me or what....it seems like they are maybe at the most....4 people in the competition this year????

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find that the guys are soooooooooooo much better than the ladies.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to who's going home tonight???

I was surprised at the tall blonde girl that left.

Alex Lambert reminded me of a young Paul McCartney.

Does anyone know what's going on with Crystal??? She looks so sick.

Can't believe Paige is still on the show.

Can't believe Lilly is gone.

Last edited: