Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: American Idol - Anyone Watching?????

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn51 View Post
    Dee, The young man's name is Jason Derulo. I really enjoyed him!
    Thanks Lynn51.

I thought Adam Lambert did an excellent job mentoring the contestants. I loved his performance too.

Am I the only one watching Idol????

Genealogy Crazed
    I'm watching AI too! I adore Adam Lambert and personally thought he should have won last season. Kris just never interested me vocally.

I loved Adam's song and performance.

I've been watching the past few weeks but now that Katie is gone, there's no point anymore.. I can't believe she's off when Tim Urban and Aaron Kelly are still there. Katie's been so good, improving and sounding better and better each week. If the judges hadn't saved Big Mike, there wouldn't have been a double elimination. =(

not watching. can't get into it. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn51 View Post
    I adore Adam Lambert and personally thought he should have won last season.

I loved Adam's song and performance.
    I agree I think that Adam should have won too. When he was performing there was a side view and just for an instant he looked just like Elvis. You can tell that he works really hard on his overall performance, costume, makeup, etc. He puts heart and soul into his music. I thought he gave the contestents such good info and was honest....like when he said to one of them....uh that was boring.

I think it's going to be good...let's see if Aaron & Tim last any longer...you know Katie wasn't going to win...it was just a matter of time.

Toni, you should watch, it's going to be exciting. The one guy reminds me of Taylor Hicks.

I must be one of the only fans of Tim Urban. Not only is he cute but I like his vocals. He'll probably be voted off soon tho. Crystal for the win. Loved seeing Adam again. He puts on a terrific show, doesn't he?

Custom Title
    I remember no one thought Kris Allen would win and he was considered a long shot. He had some bad performances early on and he won. Tim Urban is just like him so I think he will win. Don't forget pre teen girls get unlimited texts free.

Found this article about Crystal

http://http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15...seacrest-quit/

I think Lee has a good chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Toni, you should watch, it's going to be exciting. The one guy reminds me of Taylor Hicks.
    see, that's just it, there are so many duplicates in this group it just feels like we've seen this all before... I am just not that into it. And I was SO BUMMED to find out after the fact that it was Elvis week. Then again I did watch Big Mike (who I like, even if he is the clone of RUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN) butcher "In The Ghetto" so maybe missing it was a blessing.

Toni, your avatar is a pic of whom???

Joannie Rochette - taken from a screen cap of the intro of one of Kurt Browning's Gotta Skate events

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I think it's going to be good...let's see if Aaron & Tim last any longer...you know Katie wasn't going to win...it was just a matter of time.
    I wasn't expecting Katie to win or anything, but I think she was very underappreciated.. Her Top 24 performances were kinda off, but she sounded so good in the Top 12. Maybe it's just the fan in me being selfish and wanting more Katie Stevens on my iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Joannie Rochette - taken from a screen cap of the intro of one of Kurt Browning's Gotta Skate events
    now it's Kurt from teh same event

I found this article for the top 7 and how they are ranked. Interesting

TOP 7

Shoe Diva
    Y'all are nuts... I have Big Mike for the win... he's got a great voice, outstanding stage presence and even more important: a terrific backstory. He brought me to tears with This Woman's Work and contrary to Toni's opinion, I thought he did a good job with In The Ghetto - granted, I was miffed it was Elvis week and took issue with the remaining black hopeful singing this song - but what can you do? I also thik that Lee has a shot.

I'm not speaking to the tween girlz of the world because I can't deal with the children they keep saving... Tim is awful - granted, my 12 year old son will never forgive him for Hallelujah (his absolute favorite song EVER) and screams at the tv each Tuesday evening calling him a Zac Efron wannabe - so he might be good and I just can't hear him sing. Aaron reminds me of that boy in high school that would drive past your house 10 times a night... a bit creepy.

Crystal is interesting because while I listen to her type of music (Eva Cassidy, Bonnie Raitt) I cannot see her as a "pop star" but that girl can sing her face off...

All in all, not a strong season but what else is on Tuesdays at 8pm?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast