American Idol - Anyone Watching????? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Anyone Watching?????

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joannie Rochette - taken from a screen cap of the intro of one of Kurt Browning's Gotta Skate events :)

LeCygne

Final Flight
I think it's going to be good...let's see if Aaron & Tim last any longer...you know Katie wasn't going to win...it was just a matter of time.

I wasn't expecting Katie to win or anything, but I think she was very underappreciated.. Her Top 24 performances were kinda off, but she sounded so good in the Top 12. Maybe it's just the fan in me being selfish and wanting more Katie Stevens on my iPod. ;)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I found this article for the top 7 and how they are ranked. Interesting

TOP 7

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Y'all are nuts... I have Big Mike for the win... he's got a great voice, outstanding stage presence and even more important: a terrific backstory. He brought me to tears with This Woman's Work and contrary to Toni's opinion, I thought he did a good job with In The Ghetto - granted, I was miffed it was Elvis week and took issue with the remaining black hopeful singing this song - but what can you do? I also thik that Lee has a shot.

I'm not speaking to the tween girlz of the world because I can't deal with the children they keep saving... Tim is awful - granted, my 12 year old son will never forgive him for Hallelujah (his absolute favorite song EVER) and screams at the tv each Tuesday evening calling him a Zac Efron wannabe - so he might be good and I just can't hear him sing. Aaron reminds me of that boy in high school that would drive past your house 10 times a night... a bit creepy.

Crystal is interesting because while I listen to her type of music (Eva Cassidy, Bonnie Raitt) I cannot see her as a "pop star" but that girl can sing her face off...

All in all, not a strong season but what else is on Tuesdays at 8pm?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe it's just me but I think the judges are picking on Siobhan Magnus just a little tooooooooo much. She wasn't THAT awful!!! I don't know if Simon is trying to get her to get mad enough to really belt a song out but I think they are going a little overboard with the comments. Your thoughts, please.

Here is an article about Crystal & Ryan.

Ryan Betrays Crystal

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I didn't think Siobhan was that bad. I don't think the judges know what they want anymore. I was a Tim Urban fan until last night & that was horrendous! I think he will be leaving us tonight. As to what else is on I can watch "Dancing with the Stars" eliminations or "The Biggest Loser" at the same time as AI. I switch back & forth but honestly I don't mind missing AI this season. They all fall flat after Adam Lambert's season.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No big surprises about Tim getting the boot. I thought the show last night was sooooo disjointed.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
So not happy with the judges ragging on Crystal. She was amazing. I think they are stirring up the "voting" pot a bit. Funny how they all smilingly agreed that Crystal was not at her best last night. Sounds and smells fishy to me. They all actually sounded pretty good, but think Michael will be on the chopping block tonight........42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is a quote from Mike Evans about Crystal

American Idol: No surprise, Tim Urban went home last night and the Idol Gives Back was solid, but there is hotter Idol news. People behind the scenes say, although Crystal Bowersox is the favorite to win, she dosen’t get along with the judges, crew or even the other contestants. Sometime she’ll go days without talking to anybody. She’s threatened not to tour with the Top 10 and threatens to walk away from Idol’s contract if she wins. She’s a nice girl – she just doesn’t feel comfortable around a lot of people. Loner!

If this is accurate, then I don't see Crystal winning. Sometimes I wonder why the people who make it to the finals audition for Idol when they act or react like Crystal. What did she think was going to happen???

I think these Reality Shows are all predicated on appeasing the sponsor(s), There are business men behind the scene figuring out who has to go each week so as to continue its inteterest to the final day. The voting procedure works if it matches these 'experts' selection. Idol has lost ground to Dancing which also has some behind the scenes input. The 'winner' of these contests is more than likely not the favorite of the viewers but of the sponsors. How could they select a favorite if he appears effeminate or odd? All we are told is that the total number of voters plus the judges is in accord with the winner.

While I consider Chrystal the best of the lot, I also see her as a bit odd which I do not think the sponsors want. It will be interesting if she does win.

Can you imagine putting Greg Louganis on the Wheaties Box as they did for Sarah Hughes?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't think any of the 5 did Mr. Sinatra justice. I thought HC was terrific as a mentor; I have always been secretly in love with him. lol.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Take the Idol survey. I just did and I was surprised at the questions. One was asking about the judges and did you like them??? Other questions regarding the judges. The survey takes about 5-7 minutes.

It's located under Top Features

American Idol

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was a little surprised over who went home tonight.