American Idol - Anyone Watching????? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Anyone Watching?????

I was a little surprised over who went home tonight.
Not really Dee. I think personality plays a role in this contest and he seemed to me to be a smarta$$. I think Crystal has the best voice for entertaining, but she comes across, to me, as an odd ball. They may put Crystal with one of the boys as the final two, but I am sure the boy will win.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So was I, Dee. I thought Casey would get axed instead of Michael.

Lynn, I thought Casey was going home too. Sorry but I hope he doesn't win because in my opinion he was the most inconsistent of the 4.

Lynn51

Rinkside
Crystal and Lee have been my personal favorites since the comp started, so if either of them win the whole shabang I'll be happy. Casey is really cute and seems like a sweet guy, but vocally he just hasn't impressed me all that much.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I hope Casey and Crystal make the final two. Lee is my least favorite. Don't like his voice quality at all, he's a poor version of David Cook, in my opinion. If Lee wins, won't watch AI anymore. The talent, as a whole, has been pretty lack-luster. 42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is something about AI from Mike Evans

TV News: American Idol will move from Tuesday and Wednesday nights, to Wednesday and Thursday nights, next year! And, I believe Jamie Foxx will replace Simon Cowell next year and Ellen De Generes will be let go. …

I love Ellen but don't understand why she was on AI. If I could choose between Ellen & Kara, I would take Ellen.

I think they should have standards on how to judge and not just opinions. We all can select our favorite, but can we back it up with musical knowledge?

One thing about stone faced Simon, he knew the right song for DeWyse.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Lee is a nice guy, but has zero star quality, I never even remembered his name until like two weeks ago. Crystal is just adorable, I love her, her voice, her look, her attitude. We need another girl Idol anyway. I feel that if Lee wins he will become just another Cook, one or two rather popular records but just not Idol status.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I think they should have standards on how to judge and not just opinions. We all can select our favorite, but can we back it up with musical knowledge?

One thing about stone faced Simon, he knew the right song for DeWyse.

Yes, Simon knows how to pick the right song. Of course, it is pretty hard to miss with "Hallejuah" one of Leonard Cohen's best songs ever. I think Lee did a pretty good job and will likely win. No, I don't think Ellen is good judge material. I think AI is doomed without Simon in the driver's seat...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I cannot fathom Lee winning over Crystal. I'm still not over Kris winning over Adam last year or Ruben winning over Clay. I think the final results must be manipulated somehow or America really doesn't know much about music or talent..........42

I cannot fathom Lee winning over Crystal. I'm still not over Kris winning over Adam last year or Ruben winning over Clay. I think the final results must be manipulated somehow or America really doesn't know much about music or talent..........42
The cynic that I am, the winner will be approved by the sponsor. You can't have a gay man win over a red blood American boy as far as Adam and Clay are concerned.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Suprise!!!!

I loved Chicago and Janet Jackson. At various times, Janet sounded just like Michael. Also what a surprise to see Brett Michaels there.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Well, I am done with AI. This was a show I eagerly waited for each season but now could care less. When America crowned Taylor Hicks the winner a few seasons ago, I thought rock bottom had been hit, but I was wrong. How did a singer, (and I use the term loosely) like Lee ever make it to the top. Unbelievable! 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
what a lackluster finale... the Simon Sendoff looked like it was an afterthought. poorly done.

and once again a lot of the guests were a 'we need the money so we said yes to this' parade. disappointing.

Janet looks fantastic with the super short hair, and she sounded so much like Michael it was scary.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I agree Toni............It was more of a Simon send-off than the crowning of a new AI..............42

AI is all about the network's wishes. Being anti-gay pleases American viewers. Adam and Clay didn't have a chance despite their better talents. Fox reaches out to their perceived American wishes. A frompy looking female is not American despite her talents. The winner this time had even less personality than the previous boy. IMHO, I believe Simon was paid a special bonus to push Lee forward to be winner.

Abdul was flaunting her 'straitness' by throwing barbs at Ellen who replaced her because Fox did not want to appear that they were against gays. Fox got a lot of Twitter flack on that. Despite Abdul's face lift and costume, she still looked flabby to me. Simon's face lift was better.

The show was basically a bore. I wonder how many turned in for the celebration of Simon, and how many turned in for the winning announcement?

The Washington Post gives a good review of the show. Check it out. It was interesting to note that those second placers sell more albums than the winners. apparently the female voters do not buy the albums.

The description in the Washington Post tells it better than I can.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...AR2010052700131.html?nav=rss_email/components

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree Toni............It was more of a Simon send-off than the crowning of a new AI..............42

that's fine by me. Simon's send off was the only reason I tuned in. Problem was it was NOT a good send off. It was cheaply done, and absolutely ridiculous. That Simon said he was emotional makes me wonder if he wasn't seething underneath - "Igive my hard earned money and time over to this show and THIS is how they decide to thank me?"... I'd be ticked.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
The top two moments for me was when Brett Michaels came out to sing with Casey and when all the former Idols came out to sing for Simon...........very nice...........42