Ice Dance: Charlie Cyr
Pairs: Taffy Holiday
Men or Ladies: Coco Shean
Men or Ladies: Debby Curry

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm glad to here Joe Inman is not there-his letter to judges, lobbying for lowering Plush's and Joubert's PCS scores, whatever you think about his point, would be hugely inappropriate if he were going to be one of the judges at the Olympics.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Me too, it might help to keep this thing from getting right out of control...Still I'm sure we all hope that the point behind his email ( that judges should mark what they see and not be influenced by reputation ) is taken to heart by all judges , NA , Euro, Asian...

merrywidow

Record Breaker
IMO Inman wasn't lobbying against anyone. He was warning the judges that they had better hand out marks based on all aspects of the skating.

Last edited:

gracefulswan

On the Ice
I'm glad to here Joe Inman is not there-his letter to judges, lobbying for lowering Plush's and Joubert's PCS scores, whatever you think about his point, would be hugely inappropriate if he were going to be one of the judges at the Olympics.

Yes, that would have been a huge conflict of interest.

It's one thing to elaborate on something another skater supposedly said, after translation, but it's another thing entirely to email 60 different judges about it on the eve of the athletes' biggest competition of their lives. I wouldn't be suprised if this augurs poorly for certain men compared to others....worse yet, creates a backlash against certain other skaters not even in the men's event.

It's not good, not good at all.