Survivor Heros vs Villians - Anyone Going To Watch???? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Survivor Heros vs Villians - Anyone Going To Watch????

heyang

Record Breaker
I think Rob's problem was that they started filming Heros versus Villains before Russel's previous stint was aired. So Rob probably did not know anything about Russell. In particular he did not know anything about the hidden immunity idol and how Russell could use it to dominate the game.

Rob smartly wanted to get rid of Russell as the unknown quantity - Rob did not underestimate Russell; he overestimated Tyson and Coach. However, the Villians were winning for quite some time. At the Villains' 1st tribal council, The tribe got rid of Randy who was the worst for morale and not great at physical challenges. Rob's plan was to get rid of Russell next, but Tyson made his dumb vote. Then Coach's wishy washy ness led to Rob's being eliminated - Coach should've voted against Russell to force a tie between Russell and Rob since Parvati's votes didnt' count.

Jhar55

Medalist
Can't remember who the guy was who gave his idol to another tribe member at tribal councile and got vote off, think JT right up there with him.
As for the others going along with JT's move they were laughing behind his back saying what a stupid move.
Know JT may be on top of Russell's hit list..
It's a first for Surivior BUT Stupid move JT

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I think Rob's problem was that they started filming Heroes versus Villains before Russel's previous stint was aired. So Rob probably did not know anything about Russell. In particular he did not know anything about the hidden immunity idol and how Russell could use it to dominate the game.

This is a problem that has made the game very interesting to see who can figure out what about Russel. It is as thought the whole scenario of this survivor is based on Russel and how far he can get before people recognize. He is the only player with this as an advantage. Like Johnny Fairplay. If the people who played with him would not have know his history in the game he would have made it further on his second appearance. imo.

Now Rupert, the goofiest weirdo I have ever seen on the show, is the one to pick up on Russel's nature. I am fairly certain that this is going to have the same out come for Russel, just as predicted by Jeff. Not giving someone information in the game opposed to misleading / tricking them with lies is the line that you cannot cross when you want the jury to vote for you in the end.

There are some pretty notorious people we remember thru-out history - what were they known for? That is the legacy some cannot grasp, most believe the legacy we leave on earth is nothing because it is just the beginning, so who cares what they do to win. Not realizing everything they left for the ones who are still there to remember.

Parvati has my vote so far. Let me point out here what happened with the immunities Idols here. Russel, for as stupid as he thought J.T giving him the idol was (yes very stupid) he turned around and did the same thing giving it to Parvati. I would have to say that was not a good move to do the same stupid thing as what you recognized as being stupid. And is Russel trusting or believing he has Parvati tricked? No we all know that Parvati's give away was something to pull favor, but at the same time it did make sense. She is also now aware that with J.T gone - good going Amanda not fooling anyone just making it more obvious - the girl alliance is a great strategy, and if that doesn't work than giving Sandra - the one who seems to be closer to the Heroes tribe than anyone else on the Villains - was a good strategy.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Rob smartly wanted to get rid of Russell as the unknown quantity - Rob did not underestimate Russell; he overestimated Tyson and Coach.
You are so right!

I am wondering how they pick people for this show. Are all the contestants required to have had 3 or more lapses of judgment or be bad judges of character their whole lives? lol One thing is good about things like this happening is you see the true nature of people by the choices of promoting characteristics, Survivor is a game, but it is a game where the treatment of people is paramount to outcome. Many have seemed to forget that in "games" there is something known as sportsmanship.

I think the show is out to prove a point this season.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only problem I have with last night's show is ... why did Parviti use both idols???....and how did she know her name wasn't going to be written down??? Finally, my last problem is why is Amanda still on the show????

I think Parvati played both idols because that was the super power play that couldn't miss. First, Parvati dropped off the pole guaranteing that Danielle would be safe. Russell was safe because the heros thought he had flipped (despite Sandra telling Rupert the truth). Parvati knew shge was safe when she saw through Amanda's lame story.

So -- give one idol to Sandra and the other to Jerry, and she's got all of her bases covered. JT goes home. :)

But for the long run, it could backfire. Russell now sees that he can't trust her and he may join the Heros to vote her out. Sandra will go her own way and not feel any gratitude to Parvati anyway. For some reason, no one can stand Parvoti except Danielle.

Or -- if everyone keeps taliking about a girls' alliance, maybe the girls will wake up and say, hey, let's have a girls' alliance! They better hurry, though, before Russell finds another two or three immunity idols. :yes:

Seanibu's view of Survivor as reflecting the moral choices that we have in real life -- I think there is another way to look at it. When you sign up to play Survivor, you are signing up to play a make-believe game of lying, cheating and scheming. If you don't want to lie, cheat and scheme, Survivor is not the game for you. Whoever lies, cheats and schemes the best, wins. The people who get out-lied, out-cheated and our-schemed should acknowledge that the other guy played the best and deserves to win.

Unfortunately, human nature doesn't cooperate. When someone tricks you and votes you off, you get mad and irrationally vote to give the money to some sweetie-pie girl or nice guy who didn't lift a finger the whole game but just rode of someone's coattails. :disagree: (JMO.)

Jhar55

Medalist
Think Parviti used both idols to show Amanda that she saw right through her. What Amanda or anyone else didn't know was that she had 2 idols. See that look on Russelle's face, can't wait till next week to see what he says to her. My guess is Parviti will be on Russelle's hit list. Russelle say's you don't hide things from me but it's ok if I hide information..He may have players on his side but sme as last season Russelle is playing for his self..

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Parviti will smooth things over with Russell and I think he'll fall for it. I never thought this before but Parviti is on slick chick and unless they get her out soon...she'll win again.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
MM, did you really say you think Russel would join up with the Heroes? lol.

And as far as make believe that is where the skewed aspects of reality come to play. It is not make believe, they are not actors and feelings are allowed in survivor. Unfortunately for some people watching the cannot make the connection that these are real people and people reacting how they would if a 1000000 bucks were on the line. The reality is not an equation of "it's just a game." that is why real people have been on the show responding to situations just as a REAL person would.

F.S. is just a game, slander, hurting peoples feelings, lying, pour sportsmanship acceptable? ? ? ? You are promoting negative nature in a game, that is all. Saying it is OK just because it is a game. "Chico life is a game."

I guess because it is a game than it is alright to call women "stupid b#^%" - BUT IT IS NOT OK FOR Parvati to be "slick?" Wait, it is that people that lie should win the game. Got it. :disapp:

Last edited:
I look at it this way.

Suppose you and I decide to compete in a lying contest. Whoever can tell the biggest lie wins a prize. So you tell a little white lie. I tell a big whopper. I am the best liar.

But then you say, I am not going to give you the prize because you are a liar. (?)

About Parvati versus Russell, whoever outwits the other deserves to win.

As for "reality," I think it is better to say "unscripted" -- like an actor's improve session. Most of the contestants on Survivor are aspiring to break into show business, and many already have minor resumes.

According to their biographies on Wikipedia:

Colby is a professional actor, appearing in movies, television shows and commercials.
Amanda is a model and Miss USA contestant
Candice is an actor, model and Miss USA contestant
Coach "moved to California to pursue Hollywood 'adventures'."
Jerri has been a movie and TV actress since 1999
Stephanie models and "makes personal appearances" works for a radio station
Sugar is an actress, singer and pin-up model
Tom resigned from the fire department and tours as a "motivational speaker."
Boston Rob is a professional TV reality show performer (three Survivors plus Amazing Race, etc.)

Soap Opera in Samoa. ;)

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
For some reason, no one can stand Parvoti except Danielle.

I think it's more a matter of everyone else being aware that Parvoti is a super strong player of Survivor. She doesn't win challenges, but she's knows how to get what she wants without making people mad at her.

Parvati's goal was to make sure no villian was voted off. That's what she did by using both idols. As mentioned, She knew that the Heroes & Danielle knew she had an idol; dropping off the pole in deference to Danielle was a sign that she felt she was protected, which would stop the Heroes from wasting their votes on her. Russell gave Parvati the idol to ensure that she stayed in the game and because they both felt the heroes believed he had flipped - also knowing that she was targeted for her past win. Danielle was protected by immunity. So, only Jerri and Sandra needed protection to secure that the Villians had the majority vote going forward.

Risky since she can't be sure that none of the VIllians wouldn't eventuallly flip sides.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Colby is a professional actor, appearing in movies, television shows and commercials.
Amanda is a model and Miss USA contestant
Candice is an actor, model and Miss USA contestant
Coach "moved to California to pursue Hollywood 'adventures'."
Jerri has been a movie and TV actress since 1999
Stephanie models and "makes personal appearances" works for a radio station
Sugar is an actress, singer and pin-up model
Tom resigned from the fire department and tours as a "motivational speaker."
Boston Rob is a professional TV reality show performer (three Survivors plus Amazing Race, etc.)

Soap Opera in Samoa. ;)
None of these are Actors on Survivor. Everyone has a job other than on the show and people with experienced in front of a public eye have been chosen for the show intentionally. Because they are not acting on the show but need to be somewhat comfortable being filmed. They do not have a script or have options of "cut / retake." And Boston Rob, not an actor. Apparently only aware of .25 of the definition of what an actor is. A miss USA contestant or model is also NOT AN ACTOR - they are a miss USA contestant or model. That would be like saying MM is a Doctor if he said to someone with a headache on T.V. "I would take some aspirin and lay down. Might have been the same thing a doctor would say but does not make you a doctor.

Sometimes it takes a while to understand. Even if it is "just a show" the choice of the viewer to perpetuate and DEFEND hate ... Your reaction is not "just a show" it is the way you feel, that is real and hence perpetuate hate.

I also note that they have continuity chosen people who are naive and make judgment to quickly. ~ apparently this is a good average of the view having people just like them on the show.

I see it this way, YOU HAVE A CHOICE, people have chosen to promote Russel because he is the most deceiving and backstabbing player the game has had. This says that a LARGE group of populous have decided to perpetuate and support 100% poor sportsmanship and deception. Not that anyone has been 100% honest on the game, but to choose the person that is the absolute worst to support is a sign people are Bad and that is OK because if you don't do it to them it will be done to you. This is the easy copacitic attitude that teenage rock bands have been grasping in their lyrics for yet the older generation that got us to this "nasty hate works attitude" are responsible for it happening and now perpetuating it onto our children.

Sometimes it takes a while to understand. Even if it is "just a show" the choice of the viewer to perpetuate and DEFEND hate ... Your reaction is not "just a show" it is the way you feel, that is real and hence perpetuate hate.

I fully understand how the Psyche tries to justify it's own inadequate abilities to just throw in the towel and go with the flow. It is easier to say "it's just a T.V. show. Give us more Jerry Springer!

And has anyone heard FROM SURVIVOR that lairs are what the game is about, NO. It is aloud because the show has belief that the good nature and the evil will be seen. However I am sure it would have a much better impact if people could direct their approval to people who still believe in sportsmanship and have good values.

So you have your choice, promote lies, hate, derogatory comments based on gender, and just writ it off as not your responsibility for making achievements thru "being the most evil you can" and see just what is learned by the future generations. The REALITY OF IT RIGHT OR WRONG is there is influence and examples being played out on T.V. that children learn actions from. The ones that have the best reward are going to be emulated. And as some profess their enjoyment of the evil tendency and see the actions being followed by others in their daily lives some just say, "well it's just a show" and think that will rectify the problem. WE KNOW children AND adults are influence by what they see, and we know we all have subconscious, yet we embrace hate and think everyone will have the ability to decipher when we know this has not ever been the case.

I guess people know what they are and they either wish more people were like them or they just don't care about their impact. It is not as though anyone was under the impression life, t.v, sports or anything were always as fair as they should be so the necessity to perpetuate "evil" .. well thank you for making the world a more negative place to live.

It is time to make a change in what we perpetuate, we do have control - we have been in control and that is exactly why what is happening in the wold today is happening. All of live that happens within a life is the sum of that life. Hence living perpetuating hate with your voice and saying it doesn't matter is NOT the same as it SHOULDN'T matter. It does and it has, that is the boat we are in, thanks for the pessimistic knowledge.

People who cannot realize they are wrong or take responsibility for their part of the world (can think of a few "evil" leaders and dictators of the past) are going to dictate the way humanity continues to fail. Thank you negative backstabbing perpetuated for the abundance of support for being 100% evil. Couldn't have chosen to support the 25% evil, no that is just not real is it.

Thanks again for the crap outlook on life, I think I will spend sometime with a baby that still has a chance to perpetuate goodness and love to try and balance all the hate and lies that are already so prevalent in our lives. I just never would have know there was bad in the world if it wasn't for people deciding this is the bandwagon they are going to get on. What ever band wagon runs over the most people is the one for you? I'll take the one that might be a longer trip because we are trying to go NOT to run over people. Yah, you'll make it there first, good for you.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I personally think that there can be Waaaayyyyyyyyyy too much analyzing going on about these shows, are they "good or bad" for society, yadayada. I think it's entertaining, funny, amusing, and takes me away from my own life and troubles for an hour. I don't equate at all that the morals or lack of morals these contestants have transfer to "real life" away from the island. It's fantasy and not a "looking glass" into reality. If you don't know that going into the season and if you are offended in any way by their actions and behaviors, change the channel............HGTV has some good programs on....................42

Seanibu said:
Sometimes it takes a while to understand....

OK, OK. :)

I just take it with a grain of salt whenever the word "reality" pops ups up in reference to a television show.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can't wait to see tonight how Parvati & Russel work things out....it could be bye-bye Russell or Parvati.

Russell and Parvati need to patch it up one more time and take out Colby. Colby is just biding his time, deliberately losing all the challenges for now.

The problem is Sandra. She hates Parvati and Russell equally and might do anything. Russell's only mistake so far was getting rid of Coach and keeping Sandra. Russell could have controlled Coach, but no one can control Sandra. :laugh:

Well, Colby cooked Amanda's goose. About the clue to the hidden immunity idol, he should have said that the only fair thing was for everyone to read it right then and there, then they would all have a fair chance to find it. Instead, by giving it to Danielle, he basically guaranteed that one of the heroes would be going home. The heroes are forcing Russell to win the game whether he wants to or not.

On Russell's side, why did he target Amanda instead of Colby or Rufus?

I'm glad Jerri won something. She is the least villainous of the villains this time around. In her first season she played the role of the Wicked Witch of the West to perfection. :laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Russell is taking out the girls he can't or no longer controls. He targets the girls because he
doesn't have a snowball's chance in hades of controlling Rufus or Colby..........42

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, Colby cooked Amanda's goose. On Russell's side, why did he target Amanda instead of Colby or Rufus?
Why was anything up to Colby to decide???? .....and then why did Amanda give it back when Colby said so????? I agree Math, Amanda as far as I'm concerned was not any great threat.....what has she done since she's been there??? One of the reasons Russell said he wanted to get rid of Amanda is ....

“Amanda is really an aggressive, strategic player. She’s kinda like Boston Rob in a girl’s body, so she has to go,” says Russell.

I think I lost a little respect for Russell by him saying that about Amanda.....I didn't see anything like that about Amanda. I'm glad she's gone!!!!!