Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Heros vs Villians - Anyone Going To Watch????

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    The problem was that Tyson was stupid, stupid, stupid. He gained nothing by changing his vote. If he had stuck with voting for Pavarti, he and Russell would have tied.
    Very true, it was not a wise play choice as it was wise to see what the only choice was and then how Tyson became mentally impaired was a lucky shot. Believing he has a better chance with Russell ended it before the tie. The best thing Russell does is count on the game being full of surprises and people flipping / changing strategy at the last second. This is smart AND statistically stable. But if he does not learn from last time and keeps this strategy with the final 4 he will lose again. It is the players with the most flexibility and change alliance that gets them to the finals, however the need for trust and respect are paramount when in the final 4 based on the one factor that is the definitive aspect of wining Survivor - the Jury's vote. Russell going for the idol when the tribe had decided not to was the thing that got him further in the game but guaranteed that the jury will not vote for him.

Russell is decisively the best Runner-up in the show's history and his strategy is great for getting to the final, but he will not win the Jury vote - well unless the other option is a more deceitful player. But with Russell strategy the only way to get to the vote is to be the most deceitful. So really his plan is great for getting air-time and getting the "love-hate" relationship that is a guaranteed crowed pleaser. Over all I hope people get the message with the result. There is a strong moral message in "reality T.V." that should not be waisted. The show promotes "sportsmanship" but what makes it reality T.V. is the ability they allow human nature to show the character of the individual. If the Audience was allowed to vote Russell would win for sure, society if full of that type of person looking for small amounts of justification in their actions AND the people watching from home CAN dissociate reality from T.V. This all topped of with the fact of only knowing a total of 34 hours or less broken up into 1 or 2 hour segments of what happens over 39 days.

ott - This has been good for I am surprised that the Heroes are not so Heroic and do not make the best choices - hence validating the point about necessity of Respect and trust getting you to the end. For some of the heroes choices are so stupid the only way they get to the finals is on those two attributes. GENERALIZING HERE - the way the Heroes come across collectively is emotionally unstable, confused and coming up short - but they have been known for doing something moralistically evident hence there is going to the best chance one of them will win IF they can get into the final 4. But villains have a couple that are showing to be more heroic than the heroes are. Rob is doing a great job of defining himself as the most "balanced" player in the games history - SO FAR.

Big WTH moment. Passing up Chocolate (most know I don't really like it) before a physical exertion when you are not eating enough food in the first place. The qualities of Chocolate make it a good way to get that energy in that challenge. Saying you are to focused on the challenge is so stupid, NOT focused because you just passed on a "bonus." Like another rung on the ladder for free.

Jeff ~ "Who wants to go up to the bonus starting line 10' up there? "
    Heroes ~ "to focused hear to walk 10' to the same line as some of the other players. Just go ahead and start, we'll make up the 10' first thing."
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 03-26-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Your whole assessment Heyang is right...got to love B Rob and Russelll even if you don't.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/03/25/je...ins-episode-6/

I love this quote
    I really enjoy reading Jeff's blog and Dalton's recap on ew.

BTW, I do enjoy Russell as a player and definitely thought he should've won last season.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    So Russell took the Great Rob down....I think the problem was Rob didn't respect Russell for the great player he is. I would have loved to see Rob & Russell team up together...but they just couldn't get it together.

So Russell took the Great Rob down....I think the problem was Rob didn't respect Russell for the great player he is. I would have loved to see Rob & Russell team up together...but they just couldn't get it together.
    Rob came into the show thinking he was going to run the tribe like he did in previous seasons. The two were both strong players who wanted to run the tribe and as we all know can only have one ruler.. The villians tribe is falling apart. Be suprised to see what happends when they merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhar55 View Post
    Rob came into the show thinking he was going to run the tribe like he did in previous seasons. The two were both strong players who wanted to run the tribe and as we all know can only have one ruler.. The villians tribe is falling apart. Be suprised to see what happends when they merge.
    Actually, I think Rob knew that he probably wouldn't make it to the finals. The other players know his game and he had a target on his back - even more so than past winners because he is more capable of winning challenges than remaining past winners Parvati and Sandra. He certainly didn't run the tribe during his 1st season since he was eliminated early and he did run the show during All-stars.

I also thought Russell was trash talking. He was saying how bad the villians performed in the immunity challenge. Hello and shut-up - it's not as though he's been a key player in challenges IMO. The Heroes consistently beat the Villians in the physical part of the challenges and Rob always pulled them together on the puzzle part. The Heroes beat them, as always, on the physical part AND they didn't have their usual chaos during the puzzle. I certainly don't think it was Rob who failed to do the puzzle.

I'm also more irked at Coach than usual. He broke his word to Rob and then was a woose about it too. If he had voted for Russell, it would have been a tie between Russ and Rob. I don't know if they would've drawn rocks again, which would at least be random, or if they would've had to build fire, which I think Rob would have won. IMO, Coach was not obligated to 'go' with Jerri when she decided to move to Russell's alliance without discussing it with Coach 1st.

I also think the Villians are 'split'. Team Russell - Russell, Parvati, Danielle. Sandra & Courtney together and likely to align with someone on Heroes to target Team Russell. Jerri claims to be with Russell, but she will flip if Russell is eliminated. Don't know what Coach will do.

as for the remaining Heroes, I think they know they need to stick together, especially if they realize that the Villians are split and could be coaxed to join them.

I think Rob's problem was that they started filming Heros versus Villains before Russel's previous stint was aired. So Rob probably did not know anything about Russell. In particular he did not know anything about the hidden immunity idol and how Russell could use it to dominate the game.

I think Rob just dismissed Russell as a buffoon. until it was too late.

Coach could have come off as more honorable -- but still achieved the same result -- if he had just come right out and said, "I am not going to vote Rob or Russell off. I am going to do what is best for the tribe and vote off the weakest player (Countny) who is not contributing to the success of the tribe."

Same result, but that way he wouldn't have had to make conflicting promises to Rob and Russell, and he could have pretended that he was basing his play on principle rather than strategy.

Can anyone tell me how Danielle got hooked up with team Russell. Did it ever show when she changed over to Russell's side??? I think if Russell was smart, he would keep Courtney and Sandra around. I don't think any of the jury can say that either did anything to win the million. I hope Russell wins, he deserves it....he plays a good game. I, too think that Rob dismissed Russell, which was a wrong move.

Last edited by Dee4707; 04-21-2010 at 01:57 PM.

I thought that was just plain dumb and I thought the others were dumb for going a long with it. They never even had a 5 minute conversation with Russell and the whole thing is based upon an assumption. They should've waited til after the merge to at least ensure that Russell would go with them...... and that letter was just naive and condescending IMO.

It might turn out ok. It comes down to who they trust after the merge. Do they believe Sandra's telling them that there is no female alliance and get her to flip and help them strategize getting Russell either out or at least to get rid of the idol? Or they believe Russell and whatever he tells them?

Did the happy dance with Parvati chose not to tell Russell about her idol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think Rob's problem was that they started filming Heros versus Villains before Russel's previous stint was aired. So Rob probably did not know anything about Russell. In particular he did not know anything about the hidden immunity idol and how Russell could use it to dominate the game.

Rob smartly wanted to get rid of Russell as the unknown quantity - Rob did not underestimate Russell; he overestimated Tyson and Coach. However, the Villians were winning for quite some time. At the Villains' 1st tribal council, The tribe got rid of Randy who was the worst for morale and not great at physical challenges. Rob's plan was to get rid of Russell next, but Tyson made his dumb vote. Then Coach's wishy washy ness led to Rob's being eliminated - Coach should've voted against Russell to force a tie between Russell and Rob since Parvati's votes didnt' count.

Can't remember who the guy was who gave his idol to another tribe member at tribal councile and got vote off, think JT right up there with him.
    As for the others going along with JT's move they were laughing behind his back saying what a stupid move.
    Know JT may be on top of Russell's hit list..
    It's a first for Surivior BUT Stupid move JT

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think Rob's problem was that they started filming Heroes versus Villains before Russel's previous stint was aired. So Rob probably did not know anything about Russell. In particular he did not know anything about the hidden immunity idol and how Russell could use it to dominate the game.
    This is a problem that has made the game very interesting to see who can figure out what about Russel. It is as thought the whole scenario of this survivor is based on Russel and how far he can get before people recognize. He is the only player with this as an advantage. Like Johnny Fairplay. If the people who played with him would not have know his history in the game he would have made it further on his second appearance. imo.

Now Rupert, the goofiest weirdo I have ever seen on the show, is the one to pick up on Russel's nature. I am fairly certain that this is going to have the same out come for Russel, just as predicted by Jeff. Not giving someone information in the game opposed to misleading / tricking them with lies is the line that you cannot cross when you want the jury to vote for you in the end.

There are some pretty notorious people we remember thru-out history - what were they known for? That is the legacy some cannot grasp, most believe the legacy we leave on earth is nothing because it is just the beginning, so who cares what they do to win. Not realizing everything they left for the ones who are still there to remember.

Parvati has my vote so far. Let me point out here what happened with the immunities Idols here. Russel, for as stupid as he thought J.T giving him the idol was (yes very stupid) he turned around and did the same thing giving it to Parvati. I would have to say that was not a good move to do the same stupid thing as what you recognized as being stupid. And is Russel trusting or believing he has Parvati tricked? No we all know that Parvati's give away was something to pull favor, but at the same time it did make sense. She is also now aware that with J.T gone - good going Amanda not fooling anyone just making it more obvious - the girl alliance is a great strategy, and if that doesn't work than giving Sandra - the one who seems to be closer to the Heroes tribe than anyone else on the Villains - was a good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Rob smartly wanted to get rid of Russell as the unknown quantity - Rob did not underestimate Russell; he overestimated Tyson and Coach.
    You are so right!

I am wondering how they pick people for this show. Are all the contestants required to have had 3 or more lapses of judgment or be bad judges of character their whole lives? lol One thing is good about things like this happening is you see the true nature of people by the choices of promoting characteristics, Survivor is a game, but it is a game where the treatment of people is paramount to outcome. Many have seemed to forget that in "games" there is something known as sportsmanship.

I think the show is out to prove a point this season.

The only problem I have with last night's show is ... why did Parviti use both idols???....and how did she know her name wasn't going to be written down??? Finally, my last problem is why is Amanda still on the show????

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast