Which Discipline are you most excited for? | Golden Skate

Which Discipline are you most excited for?

Which Discipline are you most excited for?

• Total voters

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Reverting to the thread's question, which discipline are you most excited for? Men, Ladies, Pairs, and/or Dance?

I am the most excited for Men and Dance. For the men's field, even though it seems like Plushenko may be the" clear-cut winner," for some reason I think that an "upset" can occur where Plushenko may not even get gold or silver.

For the dance field, there is some heavy competition going between V/M, D/W, and B/A. Also mix in Dom/Shab in for some little controversy and the return of Del/Schoen and I think we shall have a great show in Dance.

zartian

Rinkside
I think the answer to this question is quite predictable: men & dance!

because... the general public tend to be more excited for the discipline which has top contenders from their home country. (there's always an exception, though)

US: dance & men
Canada: dance, ladies, then men
Russia: men, dance
China: pair
Japan: ladies, men
Korea: laides.

etc.

Since this is an American forum...

Enero

On the Ice
All of them! I think this will be the first Winter Games where I not really "rooting" for anyone. I just want to see great competitive skating. That said, it would be very exciting to see a couple of upsets. :laugh:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For me, I would probably say in this order:

1. Men
2. Pairs
3. Dance
4. Ladies

Though sometimes I may feel like flip-flopping Dance and Ladies depending on what kind of mood I'm in. ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think the answer to this question is quite predictable: men & dance!

because... the general public tend to be more excited for the discipline which has top contenders from their home country. (there's always an exception, though)

US: dance & men
Canada: dance, ladies, then men
Russia: men, dance
China: pair
Japan: ladies, men
Korea: laides.

etc.

Since this is an American forum...

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?29978-Which-country-are-you-from

There are actually more Europeans here, as a block, than Americans.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I can honestly say I'm equally excited for all of them. I have multiple favorites competing in every discipline, and I'm eager to see some good skating. Plus, I get to blab about figure skating for once to my non-skatefan associates, and lord my vastly superior knowledge over their peon heads. This works just as well for any discipline.

Actually, for the Gold medals, there seems to be a lock on each of the 4 disciplines: Plushenko, Asada, S/Z, D/S. I will be anxious to see how that runs out.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I have already lost a degree of Olympic enthusiasm hearing about Lindsey Vonn's injury. Yes, I happen to love the Men's and Women's Downhill race as much as most of the skating.

For the skating I typically enjoy the Ladies the most - but this year I think it will be the Men's competition that will have the best and most interesting skating. Then the Ladies and the Dance. CoP Pairs skating doesn't do it for me but in time I will get used to it.

lcd

Match Penalty
Because the olympics are the only major event in which the different disciplines take place one at a time, not overlapping, it will be interesting to see how the results shape the thinking on political and other influences. Dance coming after pairs and mens in particular would seem the most vulnerable. So, if the events were near simultaneous like at worlds, I would have reasons to be most excited (anxious) about a particular event, but I think each event will have its storyline to keep me on the edge of my seat

emma

Record Breaker
I'm excited to watch all of them (and have hopes for the podium), but I do think that mens and dance are the deepest fields - so they should be super exciting!

Moxie

On the Ice
Men's and dance!
I would be excited for pairs but I'm too nervous for S/S. If they end up off the podium, I will be devastated.