View Poll Results: Which Discipline are you most excited for?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Men

79 36.24%
  • Women

59 27.06%
  • Pairs

21 9.63%
  • Ice Dance

32 14.68%
  • All of them!

24 11.01%
  • I can't wait for Curling (or other sport)

3 1.38%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Which Discipline are you most excited for?

Medalist
    Pairs/Dance
    Ladies
    Men

I agree with Tonichelle - I can't imagine Plushenko skating clean and not winning, no matter what the rest of the field throws at him. As for the ladies, Yu-Na Kim has been the favorite all season, but I think the ladies are going to be a little more competitive than the men, especially if Kim shows some vulnerability. As for the other two disciplines - well, in ice dance, I'm not going to try to guess what's going to happen there? In pairs, there aren't as many contenders, but if Shen/Zhao and Savchenko/Szolkowy and any of the Russian or other Chinese teams go clean, wow - that could shape up to be every bit as hotly-contested as the dance event.

Custom Title
    Men, the ladies are already predictable

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I'm torn between Dance and Men as my most anticipated..but I'm only slightly less excited about Ladies and Pairs.. and for lots of different reasons..so I voted All

Is that a cop out ?

Custom Title
    Men and Dance which is kind of funny because for years it was always Ladies and Pairs.

Custom Title
    I generally get excited about everything. But I must say, I noticed that this season, whenever I had time to come onto the forum, the threads I always looked up first (and mostly posted on) were about the ladies. Is my brain trying to tell me something....

I do hope Shen and Zhao are crowned king of the skating universe, as one of you cleverly said. I'd love a North American sweep of ice dancing, in any order. Men's and ladies' disciplines--I don't even know what to wish for, except that I hope that everyone is at peak form and stays calm and collected. There are three or four serious gold medal contenders for each gender--maybe half a dozen considering the slipperiness of ice.

I don't think anyone's a lock. Gravity is no one's friend.

Can't wait!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zartian View Post
    Since this is an American forum...
    It is?

Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    It is?

it's based out of the US, but we try to be as multinational as possible.

Tripping on the Podium
    It's definitely the men!

Medalist
    I am most excited about the ice dancing and mens although I am looking forward to the ladies and pairs. I'm expecting quite a show in Vancouver across all the disciplines! I voted for All.

I hope Yuna wins the ladies OGM, but this time four years ago Irina Slutskaya was the lock-in favorite going into Torino and was unbeatable all season, we remember what happend to her in the FS. I hope fate is kinder to Yuna.

I think Plushenko will get the gold medal regardless of what he does, I will be suprised if anyone besides him is on the top of that podium. I would love, love, love for Johnny to medal, in my fantasy he will be the winner. Maybe he will have his Paul Wylie moment. I will be happy if Evan medals too.

For the pairs, I would love to see Shen/Zhao finally be crowned Olympic champions! I would like S/S to medal as well.

In ice dancing, I think Belbin/Agusto will win the OGM. Virtue/Moir and Davis/White would be my guess for the other spots on the podium.

It will be interesting to see if any pre-Olympic predictions come true or if there will be any major upsets....

Go Johnny!!!!

Ladies and Men.

Men are really unpredictable and exciting as a game.
    Ladies - I have several skaters that I am rooting for.

Custom Title
    Pairs!!

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I'm shocked to say Dance #1! I think it will be the best competition of the four. Then Men's, Pairs, and Ladies.

Rinkside
    For me it's
    1.Men
    2.Dance
    3.Pairs

and the ladies ? ....well, i think i even prefer curling

Custom Title
    Men's! And I'll be there to watch it! Well I'm convincing myself that ladies' not gonna be that much exciting, mainly because 1) I couldn't justify spending crazy $$$ for the tix, and 2) no performance has wowed me this season, except Sasha's and Mirai's SP and 3) the competition doesn't seem as close as... the men!

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    For the first time in my life, Ice Dance.
    After that.....-Mens, -ladies, then -pairs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast