Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Patrick Chan Article "Disses" Plushenko

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Drink Mojitos Ant, lots of them! :P

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Do you have to use a hypothetical situation?
    Are N. Americans guilty in your imaginary, hypothetical world of behaving exactly like our Euro friends?

Perhaps you are right and in the skating world there has been little reason for mutual trust to exist.

And thus, in Euro eyes a N. American judge who has asked for more honest scoring is seen to be nothing more than a cheater.
    How sad that so many of us see the skating world this way.

I just read an old L'equipe article about the SLC scandal. Their opinion was that the accused French officials were scapegoats.
    It was stated that the charges would not stand and that both French officials announced plans to protest the decision to ban them.

Of course we know this never happened and the two French officials did not launch a protest and accepted their punishment for their role in the SLC scandal.

The timing of Inman's email has been criticized as much or even more than it's content.
    Many are crying, "why did he do this a few weeks before the Olympics?"

Unfortunately he sent his email in reaction to Plushenko's comments which were given after the European championships. We all know the Euro championships take place a few weeks before the Olympics. I don't see how timing is the big issue here since Plushy made his remarks - a few weeks before the Olympics.

Without knowing the exact information about Inman's email it seems hard to make a clear determination about this.

But given his role as an ISU judge and trainer his actions do not seem inappropriate. Reading the content of his email his words do not seem to be promoting cheating - in fact his message seems to be about fair scoring.

I would think ISU has looked into this and if they find Inman acted in an unprofessional or underhanded manner he will be disciplined. The biggest problem I see with all of this is that some think it might have an effect on the way Plushy or Joubert are scored in Vancouver. They seem to fear they might be scored more fairly

I don't think any such thing will happen. If Plushy and Joubert land their jumps the judges will also find they are also very musical with superior choreo and top level TR's.

Would this be a fair and accurate appraisal of their skating?
    That seems to be a question worth thinking about.
    I believe that is what Inman was thinking about and yet many see his actions as an attempt to manipulate the scoring.

Perhaps this is just another one of those pesky cultural differences.
    Janetfan, no one will forget that not long ago, you were probably the most enthusiastic defender for Lysacek's outrageous PCS. Now you have become the most enthusiastic defender for the integrity of TR judging and Mr. Inman's honesty. Does this explain for anything to you?

Plushenko, as honest as he is, has admited it. Mr. Inman has used this opportunity conveniently to launch this so called "teaching" as if he and the fellow experts have never realized what was going on all these years until this moment. How funny it is!
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 02-16-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Janetfan, no one will forget that not long ago, you were probably the most enthusiastic defender for Lysacek's outragous PCS. Now you have become the most enthusiastic defender for the integrity of TR judging and Mr. Inman's honesty. Does this explain for anything to you?

Plushenko, as honest as he is, has admited it. Mr. Inman has used this opportunity conveniently to launch this so called "teaching" as if he and the fellow experts have never realized that was going on all these years until this moment. How funny it is!
    The case of Evan is interesting to me. He is not my favorite but it is true I have defended him just as I defended Sasha many times. Sometimes the nature of posts gets personal against skaters and that is when I tend to defend them at times.

Evan does have transitions in his programs. Maybe you haven't noticed them but it is a reason why he scores higher than Johnny at times. Not just TR but in general Evan's programs are more CoP friendly than some of the other skaters.

The most honest thing I can tell you is that I see most attacks against Evan as an attack against his style.
    For instance - I do not like CoP step sequences but Evan gets high marks. I don't like them but - they deserve high mnarks according to the CoP. You should argue against the CoP step rules and not always against Evan.

I also don't like Evans IN all of the time but he is doing it. Same with his CH and TR. I think it is ridiculous to attack Evan's pcs so much as he is just playing the CoP game better than many of his competitors.

I will say this - beyond any doubt I believe Evan won the WC last season fair and square. The GPF was closer and I can see how people disputed it. Jeremy, my favorite lost the GPF with a poor SP. Oda made more mistakes than Evan and Johnny's jump content was not as difficult as Evan.

Evan probably deserved to win the GPF. Others can disagree - but why blame Evan if Oda chokes under pressure, Johnny leaves out so many jumps and Jeremy is inconsistent. Brian was injured, Dai messed up bigtime and Plushy and Chan were not there.

Who in your world should have won the WC last season and the GPF this season? I am not saying i am right but I am willing to defend a skater agaist the type of personal abuse you and others throw in his direction. Just as you defend your favorites. This is just a skating board - a place to exchange thoughts and ideas and argue.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Evan probably deserved to win the GPF. Others can disagree - but why blame Evan if Oda chokes under pressure, Johnny leaves out so many jumps and Jeremy is inconsistent. Brian was injured, Dai messed up bigtime and Plushy and Chan were not there.
    Evan should have won the GPF. But the rest I read last days are sort of like the same question: Why blame Evgeni or Joubert or whoever for the weakness of their programs that someone would have to pay attention in OLympics before they have even skated tonight???
    Adding that Plush might do 10 ina bauers before the quad and he wiould still have no transitions just as has happened with Joubert with his spins. People have decided long time ago they are not good, and they dont look further. Well as a matter of fact they are very good and I have many top gold names that spin less good than Joubert right now.
    Last edited by seniorita; 02-16-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Custom Title
    To point out Evan's undeserving PCS is NOT personal abuse. To write nasty comments on European skaters are. We have to make that clear.

I don't want to go too far to talk about GPF and WC in Patrick Chan's thread. I have stated all my takes in the according threads already.
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 02-16-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11