Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Chan Article "Disses" Plushenko

Medalist
    Plushenko boring? No way. His quads are amazing! So he doesn't have the transitions. Nobody's perfect. I wish we had the perfect skater--quads and transitions and musicality. Some come close. But don't count Plushenko out. I love figure skating and value each skater for his or her best qualities. This includes Rachael Flatt. She comes across much better live (I was lucky enough to be able to attend Worlds last year), and Miki Ando, hitting jump after jump in practices at Worlds (including her quad), whereas as much as I love Ciszny, I remember one of her practices where she fell on nearly every jump. I wanted to run out on the ice and hug her and tell her to stop. Sorry to get off point. I just don't like all the bashing. You can have a favorite without totally hating the others.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    I'm sure Plush can handle it
    I m sure Plush has turned deaf after Euros. Now if he can stay mute also with all this around him until the end of his Lp, I will respect him even more.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Plushenko is an OGM winner and a multiple World and European champion with a ton of other titles to his credit. He hasn't finished lower than 2nd at any event since the 1998-9 GPF.
    I agree with the point of your post, but a small correction: Evgeni was 4th at 2000 Worlds behind Alexei Yagudin, Elvis Stojko, and Michael Weiss.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I agree with the point of your post, but a small correction: Evgeni was 4th at 2000 Worlds behind Alexei Yagudin, Elvis Stojko, and Michael Weiss.
    Oh right, I forgot, thanks. 2000 Worlds were so fun, I should have remembered... Still, that's ten years of nothing but silver and gold!

Custom Title
    Wow, someone sure has an overinflated ego, doesn't he? Patrick is in desperate need of a PR handler. Barely beginning his career, but he struts around like the top rooster in a henhouse.

Banned
    Chan's potty mouth strikes again!! I am glad I did not change my signature.

Custom Title
    Let's clarify a few things here.

1. It was an American judge who was lobbying against Plushenko and Joubert. NOT a Canadian AND not Patrick.
    2. Chan 18, Plushenko 27, to a teenager 27 is old, get over it.
    3. Patricks opinion is that transitions are more important to a program than quads. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it, current marking seems to agree with him since the last two world champions did it quadless.
    4. Nowhere did Patrick say that Joubert and Plushenko we trying to intimidate him with the Quad in practice that was the reporters comment.
    5. Patrick clearly states that the competition will be exciting and that whoever is on will win. That's pretty much the general opinion.

Let's all stop overreacting when some figue skating challeged reporter tries to publish something controversial (and not very at that) for their own agrandisement.

Custom Title
    sk8rdad, FYI Chan turned 19 in December. He is far more an adult than a teenager. It's because he still talks like a punk kid that people think he's younger than he is.

Chan may have transitions, but he doesn't have much in the way of jumps, his 3A continues to be inconsistent and he often doubles at least one jump in his FS. Chan's jumps are relatively small: he tends to jump up, rotate, and come down in the same spot----no ice coverage on his jumps. OTOH, Plushenko not only jumps high in the air, but he covers a huge expanse of ice between takeoff and landing. Plushenko's jumps are powerful, and by comparison, Chan's are puny.

Chan can boast away about his transitions, but what comes between them is often not awe-inspiring. If he was really smart, he'd keep his mouth shut and train hard on that elusive 3A.

A big mouth doesn't win Olympic medals. Great skating does.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    They both behave like arrogant j..ks at times. Many think that Zhenya is more entitled to his opinion b/c he has more medals/ titles/ years of experience. I disagree with that.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Why can't his coaches keep him AWAY from the press. Chan is as bas as Johnny with the press. I think he meant anything mean by saying "he is old" quite the opposite, i think he meant, he is my peer, my elder, I have no place telling him what to do.

What was more arrogant was the talk of how "skaters like him" are better to watch and alll that, how transitions make a program etc. I pretty much agree, but Chan shoudl just let his skating speak for itslelf. Speaking of transitions, I feel that there are not so many in Phantom compared with his previous programs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    They both behave like arrogant j..ks at times. Many think that Zhenya is more entitled to his opinion b/c he has more medals/ titles/ years of experience. I disagree with that.
    To my knowledge, Plushenko has never said anything arrogant or dismissive about Chan or any of the other skaters. Chan, OTOH, has criticized top skaters many times in interviews; he seems to make a point of doing so. Chan has had many of his former fans turn against him because of his lack of sportsmanship.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Any examples of jerking from Plushenko?

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Yeah yeah, I'm looking for the exact quotes, and will need to translate them first.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    To my knowledge, Plushenko has never said anything arrogant or dismissive about Chan or any of the other skaters.
    Other than his rivalry with Yags I can't think of any underhanded comments either.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Yeah yeah, I'm looking for the exact quotes, and will need to translate them first.
    No please give the links, we know how it works with quotes out of context.

Jerk?? Yes please send me an interview of Plush that speaks for his contenders like this, or like Sale (sale in french means dirty, cant get over it) . This comments get personal. They should both learn from Brezina how to behave.
    In all his recent interviews Plush has chan in his list of gold contenders . Does he believe it?? Maybe not. He says what it is to be said though!
    He opened his damn mouth now after all the trash he has been listening for ..lets say..a year at least... said he has no transitions himself , dragged Joubert with him (that i wish he didnt), and it did the media tour of world in 2 days!

By the way check joubert 's interviews after Euros. You know I m not his fan but the man has learnt his lesson from past, the journalists provoke him and he is more than clever to avoid all, his answers are just what it should be.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast