Thread: The Olympic Drinking Game

Hybrid View

The Olympic Drinking Game

I've decided to do a drinking game based on the commentary at the Olympics. Since I'm stuck with Screechin' Scotty, Simple Sandra, and Terrible Tom, I might as well have fun with it. So, take a drink of the beverage of your choice anytime....

Screechin' Scotty:

Says "tired legs"
    Says "altitude" (Never mind that Vancouver is sea level. Facts don't matter to Screechin' Scotty)
    Sounds like he's straining on the toilet when describing a skater ekeing out a jump
    Sounds like he's wetting himself when someone lands a routine jump
    Overhypes the performances of the American skaters

Simple Sandra:

Says "magic"
    Says "harsh judging system"
    Says "complicated scoring system"
    Says Caydee Denny is "Like a cat. She always finds her feet."

Terrible Tom:

Says "Kim Yu Na"
    Misidentifies an Asian skater
    Says something stupid and completely non factual (your bladder will be overloaded 15 minutes in)

That's all I can think of right now. Feel free to add your own.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Somewhere else I made a plea against drinking games for CTV viewers, because we'll be seeing Rod Black for the first time in years ( Just when you thought it was safe to turn off the mute button ), and I'd like to know I'm not hallucinating when the medals are handed out.

But what the heck , in the spirit of camaraderie :

When Rod comes onscreen , take a drink quick before he can open his mouth..you're going to need it..

Take another anytime he says " They call him / her / them..." ( Whatever he fills the blank with , you can usually be sure he just made it up.)

If he says "Elvis" or "next one" , that counts as a double .
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 02-11-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johar View Post
    I've decided to do a drinking game based on the commentary at the Olympics. Since I'm stuck with Screechin' Scotty, Simple Sandra, and Terrible Tom, I might as well have fun with it. So, take a drink of the beverage of your choice anytime....

Screechin' Scotty:

Says "tired legs"
    Says "altitude" (Never mind that Vancouver is sea level. Facts don't matter to Screechin' Scotty)
    Sounds like he's straining on the toilet when describing a skater ekeing out a jump
    Sounds like he's wetting himself when someone lands a routine jump
    Overhypes the performances of the American skaters

Simple Sandra:

Says "magic"
    Says "harsh judging system"
    Says "complicated scoring system"
    Says Caydee Denny is "Like a cat. She always finds her feet."

Terrible Tom:

Says "Kim Yu Na"
    Misidentifies an Asian skater
    Says something stupid and completely non factual (your bladder will be overloaded 15 minutes in)

That's all I can think of right now. Feel free to add your own.
    We could all take a drink everytime Rachael's college applications are mentioned. On second thought so much drinking could lead to a major pukefest.

ROFL you guys.

because we'll be seeing Rod Black for the first time in years ( Just when you thought it was safe to turn off the mute button ),
    Colleen-did you see Rod's new World Vision commercial? He's lost the mustache!!! He looks totally different.
    I'm really hoping he has learned not to declare the winner after the skate but before the marks. I have a feeling I'm really going to miss Tracy and Kurt!!!

Custom Title
    I'm in! This will do wonders for my nerves lol. I'll add few more.

Scott gets excited and screams "quarter turn" while looking at a clearly underrotated jump in slowmo.
    Scott jinxes a skater, and the said skater splats immediately.
    Any commentator confuses artistry and pretty face.
    Sandra snarks about lack of choreography in Ando and Plushenko's programs.
    Tom struggles saying Gedevanishivili.
    This isn't really about commentator, but Robin Wagner hogs the camera after Elene's skate.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    OMG this is so funny (and true). If we really were to have a drink each time those things happened we would all be so drunk by the third commercial break it woudl not be funny.

Of course these taglines will have to be added:

Any of the commentators saying how much Racheal's "Sing Sing Sing" is exactly like her personality.

Any of the commentators making exuses for thier favorites with the "it's late at night" or "he/she/they are skating last in the warm-up group" or of course the "he/she/they are tired."

If I hear Scott tell us how tired your legs are at the end of the program for EVERY SINGLE SKATER I think I will watch the olympics on mute. I already know what everybody's music sounds like.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    If I hear Scott tell us how tired your legs are at the end of the program for EVERY SINGLE SKATER I think I will watch the olympics on mute. I already know what everybody's music sounds like.
    Amen to that! :sheesh: