Men Practice Reports | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men Practice Reports

Medusa

Record Breaker
Chan isn't dissing anyone. He is just making sure that he doesn't turn into a second Joubert. Considering what happened in the SP, that might be the very best thing he can do.

seniorita

Record Breaker
i find Chan comments about what he wants to do after, quite normal and healthy! There are many ways to live after you stop being an athlete, he doesnt have to serve fs forever.

screech

Final Flight
I don't find Chan's comments about his future insulting to pros. In some ways I suspect the life of a professional singles athlete can be quite lonely. I'm sure he probably wants to go to school. Make friends not based on a sport he participates in. Not have media following him. Also, if he were to start thinking of skating as a 'job' chances are he won't see it as something he gets to do for fun but as something he has to do to pay the bills. Just my two cents.

Ravensque

On the Ice
Re Chan..........The kid has so much talent that I would hope he would stay on longer. He's only just turned 19 and has so much potential. I hope he can train the quad into part of his routines.........this is his first Olympics and I think he did just fine considering all the pressure he's had. He would only be 23 in 2014 with lots more experience under his belt. I can also understand why he feels he needs another career to fall back on and perhaps is being pressured by his parents to get further education. I hope he stick around to realize his full potential as a skater and competitor.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
This just in, Chan says he likes vanilla ice cream, thus insulting all chocolate lovers in the process and is possibly a racist.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
^Well, as long as he likes broccoli! [Lame US govt joke for those old enough to remember].

ademption

Rinkside
Just an update from Michael Weiss' twitter about today's practice:

At the Men's practices- Chan looked pretty tight, Taka had a pretty good practice again- nice 3 Axel/3toe. Brezina- nice Quads...

Here's another great twitter page that has reports on the mens' practice today:

http://twitter.com/wilner88

Last edited: