Men Practice Reports | Golden Skate

Men Practice Reports

seniorita

Record Breaker
Hey my first thread:biggrin:

Plushy arrived in Vancouver 2 hours ago and he is already in Pacific C. training , he is the first to train in his group.

From twitter

No Joubert at men's practice, but Plushenko is already in the house. He's in the next group.

Plushenko is the first in the group to skate, and the Chinese pairs all came out to watch.

Skated through the big elements, but very intense and fiery circular footwork.

Plushenko skating around edge of the rink, hands behind his back. He's like a king in his castle.

Plushy finally did his "warmup" jump: A triple loop-triple toe combo.
http://twitter.com/Ewingsports

Plushenko walked through most of his program - much to the chagrin of the dozens of TV cameras here (classic plushy:laugh:)
In the IBC, but watching Plushenko's skate via in-house feed. Smooth skating so far. Lots of clean jumps
Also Icenetwork report for Johnny and Abott.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100211&content_id=8061992&vkey=ice_news

Johnny Weir came out really attacking his footwork, while Jeremy Abbott focused more on his jumps.
• Jeremy attempted about half the jumps in his free skate run-through. He landed three triples, one cleanly and two with slightly wobbly landings, and a clean double Axel. Shockingly, he fell on his footwork.
• Johnny opened his short program run-through with a triple-double combination and didn't attempt another jumping pass.
• Following their run-throughs, both men attempted several jumps. Jeremy nailed two quads in a row, getting great height on both. Johnny didn't try any quads, but his jumps looked strong. He said he would practice the quad at Thursday's afternoon practice.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Lambiel just tried a quad salchow, but two-footed it and put his hand down.
:eek:salcow???!!!!

Most interesting aspect of this practice? Plushenko is in the stands watching. Chan, unusually, went through his full program. Connection?

Plushenko to reporters: "I'm not going to speak because I am superstitious, yes?" Not even one question? "No questions."
:rofl:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
not picking on anyone, just a reminder to not post an entire report from somewhere else - UNLESS it's yours. copyright issues and all. :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
oops
I know, from icenetwork I quoted a part of it.
You mean twitter? I picked some of them. But If i do something wrong slap me! I not sure I know all rules and it is the excitement;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
as I said, not picking on anyone, your posts - from what I could tell - are fine... just want to try and remind people before we end up having to edit/be mean ;)

seniorita

Record Breaker
No its good I asked cause I wasnt sure :) Although i wont be much around next days, twitters are fun today

http://twitter.com/lesleyskate

Weir clean on his run-through but once the jumps were done just started stroking. Now doing the straightline with gusto

Lysacek is looking a little orange today
clean 3 axel although skidded the edge per usual, 3 lutz 3 toe is good and the arms are flying through the circular.

Abbott's on...3/2 combo
triple axel was landed although shaky edge work...love the easy feel of the program.
very easy 3 lutz and the circular sequence is flying.
plushy first pics
And now i m gonna sleep calm, it looks like he will be in Olys :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Evan looks a little orange? does that mean he looks more orange than "normal" or is it his normal shade of fake tan?

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Evan looks a little orange? does that mean he looks more orange than "normal" or is it his normal shade of fake tan?

Maybe there is a Bride Wars situation. Evan wanted a pre-olympic glow and Johnny replaced a touch of honey with absolutely orange:p

Bennett

Record Breaker
As I cited the link on the who will try a quad thread, Dai tried quads 4 times and didn't land any of them clean. He practice reports since nationals have been like that but he says that he will try.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Maybe there is a Bride Wars situation. Evan wanted a pre-olympic glow and Johnny replaced a touch of honey with absolutely orange:p

:laugh: that's a bit catty, even for them (didn't they call a truce at the beginning of the season?)

alex1

Spectator
Seniorita and Plushita, here is something just for you (and all other Plushy's fans of course):

Plushy, Borodulin, Kawaguti / Smirnov practice on Feb 10, Plushy - no jumps but shows some footwork, he looks sharp. The video comes with 2 cheesy Russian pop tunes, enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgLVGXFdPhg

By the way, here is the page with all the latest almost real time Plushenko news combining together threads from 40 skating forums, Youtube channels, skating sites and Twitter

alex1

Spectator
Seniorita and Plushita, here is something just for you (and all other Plushy's fans of course):

Plushy, Borodulin, Kawaguti / Smirnov practice on Feb 10, Plushy - no jumps but shows some footwork, he looks sharp. The video comes with 2 cheesy Russian pop tunes, enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgLVGXFdPhg

By the way, here is the page with all the latest almost real time Plushenko news combining together threads from 40 skating forums, Youtube channels, skating sites and Twitter

Borodulin has tried a 3A but had a 2 feet landing

Raatkirani

On the Ice

Where can I see Evan's practice photo? I went on daylife, and there was a pic of Johnny captioned as "Evan Lysacek." Obviously a non-skating fan wrote that.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah they captioned a lot of the photos weird (they're getty images and associated press and reutgers, so it's no surprise. AP is so outdated when it comes to their handbook on winter sports/figure skating anyway) all iof the pairs photos I've looked at read "so and so compete at the pairs short program practice"... hmmm

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
:laugh: that's a bit catty, even for them (didn't they call a truce at the beginning of the season?)

I believe they did, I was watching a press confrence with Evan, Jeremey, and Johnny and there were times when you could catch a hint of their post truce relationship.
I did love this particular part:

Johnny - I don't even know how many days until the Olympics
Evan - You skate your Short in 30 days
Johnny - Thank you darling

futureidol

On the Ice
There was an even better one at the after after press conference.

Johnny: "I'm so happy to represent my country. There's nothing like skating in MY home country."
Evan: "You mean Japan?"
Johnny: "That's clever coming from you Evan."