Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Men Practice Reports

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    looking at practice photos - what was stephane doing in this photo????? - http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...1ob5a/610x.jpg
    Looks like death drop. Scary shot!

Johnny won't do the quad in thr SP. Galina is not stupid. She would not have him try it even if he landed them all week, and he only has one. I feel that he will try it in the freeskate, and if he lands it and otherwise skates well I think Evan will go for it too.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Holy smokes!!! [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color]? Don't scare me Stéphane! It looks like his head could go splat at any second.

Oh and yeah Weir would do the quad in the FS, NOT the SP. Dear lord he and Galina would not be that dumb as to risk it in the SP he's been nailing all season (aside from first comp). Johnny himself said he would be focusing on the quad in his FS practices, who knows if he'll really go through with it Thursday. I personally think he should go for it, but Johnny and Galina will do what's best when and if it feels right.

More on Johnny and the quad from IN article http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news.

"The day before yesterday, I did a long program run-through at Trout Lake [practice rink], and Galina said, 'let's just try it and see how your legs are,' and boom a clean quad," he said.
    "I took yesterday off, so my legs were too heavy get around one this morning, but I'm going to try it again tonight. What do I have to lose? I'm not one of the favorites for a medal."

Apparently today is the second quad he's landed in his FS run-through since he's been in Vancouver! *faints*
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 02-15-2010 at 04:20 PM. Reason: use the edit feature, please.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    looking at practice photos - what was stephane doing in this photo????? - http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...1ob5a/610x.jpg
    Possibly an arabian as part of his straightline step sequence.

Here's Evan's recent post on Facebook:
    Another good practice in Vancouver! Everything is feeling good. I'm ready for tomorrow. Hopefully I can do as well as my friends Angela and Apolo! I'll let you know how it goes.
    Aw Evgela! I knew he and Angie Ruggiero are friends. Cool that he's also buddies with Ohno too!

Custom Title
    Quick question: Are the guys allowed to do a 3A-3 combo in the short for their axel jump and combo? If not, how do you do a solo quad in the short program - out of steps would be too hard, right?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Quick question: Are the guys allowed to do a 3A-3 combo in the short for their axel jump and combo? If not, how do you do a solo quad in the short program - out of steps would be too hard, right?
    No the guys can't do the triple axel in combonation. Which means that they have to do the quad in combonation if they want to do one.

If you do a 3A in the combo, the solo Axel has to be a double.

You can do a quad out of steps. Goebel did one in 02, Yagudin did it before it was allowed as part of the jump combo, Elvis did them....

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Quick question in re that NBC preview/youtube video that was posted for a while - anyone heard anything else about possible added trs to Plushi's SP or LP, or both? I know there was talk of it but I wonder if there are actual reports from practice apart from that little vid. Thanks!

Custom Title
    So the speculation about Wier doing one in the short is pretty much moot then, right? He's not gonna attempt a solo quad out of steps, and is unlikely to land one in combination.

According to Michelle the Researcher on Universal Sports, Plushy and Lambiel landed 4 quads during practice today. Chan also had a solid practice but Jeremy was having problems with the 3A yet no problems on the quad.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    if Johnny goes for teh quad in the SP, anyone wanna bet Evan goes for it in the long? even WITH his statement to the press earlier this week?
    I will take that bet What are we betting?
    Last edited by MK's Winter; 02-15-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Thanks for the news ARipp42014!

Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    I will take that bet What are we betting?
    ego points? I don't know!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I love it! I have 100 ego points that say he won't try the quad.

If I can hedge my bets, I have 25 that say he will.

Custom Title
    Who IS going to attempt a quad in the SP then?
    Plushenko, Joubert, Lambiel, Verner.....is that it?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast