Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 128

Thread: Men Practice Reports

  1. #106
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Okay, Nobu's 4/3/3 is too good to be true. He has to try this in competition one day. How about Thursday?

    Watch Plushy in the 1st video at :32 for a "transition."
    Wow, that was intense. Nobu = mini beast. I guess being 5'5" and 120 pounds as a guy has its advantages....

  2. #107
    Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Wow, that was intense. Nobu = mini beast. I guess being 5'5" and 120 pounds as a guy has its advantages....
    He's 5 5? Ouch, I'm taller than that ... too bad he isn't taller, height gives you a better presence on ice in my mind, looks much more powerful.

  3. #108
    Custom Title Moxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    224
    Wow. Dai looks very nice in gray.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    http://web.icenetwork.com/index.jsp Article about Chan saying the injury and axel problems are a thing of the past. He also says he initially planned to retire after this season; what the? He's so young!! Look at Plushy; Chan could go on untile the games of 2018; he hasn't won anything really significant (like GPF, Worlds) so unless he wins here, that would seem like a really weird decision.
    IMO that's just Chan talking out his **** again.
    He says the same thing in this article but then he also says he plans on reaching the top. A bit of a contradiction unless he thinks he will win gold here.

  4. #109
    Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    392
    ""This is not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life and it's not something I want to be dependent on for paying the bills.""

    Is he really dissing everyone else who's gone pro without batting an eye? The kid really needs to shut his mouth.

  5. #110
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    He's 5 5? Ouch, I'm taller than that ... too bad he isn't taller, height gives you a better presence on ice in my mind, looks much more powerful.
    Yup, not even 5'5" actually I don't think. He is listed at 164 cm which is 5'4.5". That is short but a lot of the male skaters are fairly small, Dai is also 5'5", Khozaka and Chan are 5'7". For a Japanese man he's probably only a bit below average, because in Japan Mao who is 5'4" is considered tall for a girl.

    So nervous to watch.

  6. #111
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,579
    from twitter about fs practice
    nrarmour
    No messing around by Plushenko. Opens with a quad-triple-double combo.
    1 minutes ago from UberTwitter
    Practice from the FS

    nrarmour
    And there's a second quad by Plushy.
    less than 20 seconds ago from UberTwitter
    It's quad squad day: Plushy, Takahashi, Weir and Lambiel all doing/trying them today.16 minutes ago from UberTwitter
    go johhny! wow!
    Last edited by seniorita; 02-17-2010 at 04:29 PM.

  7. #112
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    ""This is not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life and it's not something I want to be dependent on for paying the bills.""

    Is he really dissing everyone else who's gone pro without batting an eye? The kid really needs to shut his mouth.
    Blah, blah, blah. He can diss all he wants; I doubt many people will miss him once he walks away from the sport and this is coming from someone who used to be a pretty big fan of the guy. I've been over him for a year now though. I can't stand that much ego.

  8. #113
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    from twitter about fs practice


    What comes, comes.
    Wish him the best!

    No full run-thru for @EvanLysacek, either. A fall on triple axel but rest very solid.
    37 minutes ago from UberTwitter

  9. #114
    Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    from twitter about fs practice

    nrarmour
    No messing around by Plushenko. Opens with a quad-triple-double combo.
    1 minutes ago from UberTwitter

    Practice from the FS

    nrarmour
    And there's a second quad by Plushy.
    less than 20 seconds ago from UberTwitter
    This is from today right? Ooooh, the 4-3-2 is back, Plushi knows what he needs to do!

    Great about Weir as well!

    No full run-thru for @EvanLysacek, either. A fall on triple axel but rest very solid.
    The rest can be as solid as he wishes if he messes up the 3A!

  10. #115

  11. #116
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    What is Daisuke doing on his back on the ice?? Looks like he fell over laughing? Hope so, he needs to release a little of that tension (but not too much).

    And now the Kween is retired isn't she allowed to cover up in the ice and snow? Poor Kween. Frozen are the shoulders that wear a crown.

  12. #117
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    136
    Yikes, Michelle looks like she's going to take a bite of Evan's mother!

  13. #118
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    81
    Can someone PLEASE explain why PRACTICE videos are being taken down from youtube?

    Why would anyone care about just small practice clips? It's like everything is being done to stifle the sport's possible fanbase! I feel like soon there will just be a few internet boards of weridos, and the rest will watch only what they are given every 4 years.
    Can someone explain the copyright or whatever situation? Who is it hurting to have a practice clip online? Doesn't it just advertise the event to come? Any explanations will be appreciated. thanks.

  14. #119
    Worshipping at the temple of Severus Snape Alatariel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistry View Post
    Can someone PLEASE explain why PRACTICE videos are being taken down from youtube?

    Why would anyone care about just small practice clips? It's like everything is being done to stifle the sport's possible fanbase! I feel like soon there will just be a few internet boards of weridos, and the rest will watch only what they are given every 4 years.
    Can someone explain the copyright or whatever situation? Who is it hurting to have a practice clip online? Doesn't it just advertise the event to come? Any explanations will be appreciated. thanks.
    Frankly I have no idea. I can understand why the programs are taken down, considering people can see them on NBC so it means hits for their site. Practices though ... mind boggling, as they are only seen by a very small minority of enthusiasts so meh. I don't think there is a logical explanation but probably a corporate one that when dissected would turn out to be nonsense.

  15. #120
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    ""This is not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life and it's not something I want to be dependent on for paying the bills.""

    Is he really dissing everyone else who's gone pro without batting an eye? The kid really needs to shut his mouth.
    Wait, how is this dissing anyone? Are people really suggesting that because his plans for the future don't include professional figure skating he's dissing professional figure skaters? Really? This isn't ego. This is him saying "I hope my future takes a different path." He's said many things that manifest his ego, but this isn't one of them (so put down the pitchforks).

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •