Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pairs short

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar

Pairs short

Draw's out:

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...x020201Tu.html

Are we sure it was completely random? It looks a little seeded to me. Bad luck for Shen and Zhao either way, but then again, S&S won their first title skating first, so they can get past it.

Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Draw's out:

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...x020201Tu.html

Are we sure it was completely random? It looks a little seeded to me. Bad luck for Shen and Zhao either way, but then again, S&S won their first title skating first, so they can get past it.
    It definitely looks seeded to me. But hey, other skaters have done well in Olympic SPs despite skating early.

I guess this means the other disciplines won't have random draw, either?

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    There's no way that this is a seeded order because for one, the two US pairs would be flip flopped due to Caydee & Jeremy having more experience on the world stage than Amanda & Mark who have never even been to Worlds. A few other teams would be flipped around too if this was really a seeded draw. That's crazy though for the two main favorites to be first and last!

Custom Title

well we know we'll have to tune in right at 4:30pm PST to catch the first skaters they'll show. No way they'll chack Shen and Zhao!

Looks like they put the 10 lesser seeded in group 1-3 with random draws and the best 10 seeded in group 4-6.

Quote Originally Posted by KwanFan1212 View Post
    That's crazy though for the two main favorites to be first and last!
    Oh, yes...have to watch from the beginning to the end

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    What! Shen and Zhao are to skate first?!

I believe the order of skate has an affect on a skater and it's usully negative, but in some cases, it works to the positive. Think Kwan skating 1st in Nagano. Would she have done better skating after Lipinski? we'll never know.

Back to the present: The two top Pairs Teams are poles apart. Does that help P&T at least a little bit? I think so, if and only if, S&Z falter somewhat at their program as the first team up. However, If S&Z skate clean, it could make S&S more nervous than they would be.

D&B (it's like a wall street assesment) could forget about S&Z because 2 unknowns skate before them, and C&D will have no last minute added pressure from two teams skating ahead of them.

Skating last, will make a contestant tired and from what he knows of the performances of the others can make him perk up or fade out.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Wow Shen/ Zhao are the very first! They will set the bar.
    Pretty tough spot for Aliona and Robin, but the SP is their strength. That last warm up group is the biggie.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanFan1212 View Post
    There's no way that this is a seeded order because for one, the two US pairs would be flip flopped due to Caydee & Jeremy having more experience on the world stage than Amanda & Mark who have never even been to Worlds. A few other teams would be flipped around too if this was really a seeded draw. That's crazy though for the two main favorites to be first and last!
    Compare with ISU ranks. It is indeed precisely seeded like Worlds.

did you notice that the ISU results will not be updated LIVE? but at the end of the competition day! it's at teh top of their Winter Olympics page:

Please note that the website is only updated at the end of the competition day.

Custom Title
    Does Ice Network cover the Olympics? I don't have it, but don't they show the event live and uncut?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    did you notice that the ISU results will not be updated LIVE? but at the end of the competition day! it's at teh top of their Winter Olympics page:
    Yeah! I noticed! But fortunately, we have live broadcast of everything (at least I do)!

Quote Originally Posted by Raatkirani View Post
    Does Ice Network cover the Olympics? I don't have it, but don't they show the event live and uncut?
    IceNetwork can't broadcast it live because NBC has the rights. I don't know if they'll be allowed to show the event as a whole later.

Oh for heaven's sake. Shen and Zhao skate first? I hate Olympic draws.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast