Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pairs short

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    I don't think skating first will hurt S/Z at all. There have been multiple instances under the COP where the best skater skated first and got a huge score that held up with room to spare. If anything, skating first may help them by giving them the most time to rest between the SP and the LP.

Custom Title
    DesertRoad
    I don't think skating first will hurt S/Z at all. There have been multiple instances under the COP where the best skater skated first and got a huge score that held up with room to spare. If anything, skating first may help them by giving them the most time to rest between the SP and the LP.
    I really hope you're right! they are my favourites at all in this Olympics...

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    Of course, as always, it will be up to the skaters themselves to do well. But I believe if S/Z skate well, they will get the huge scores they deserve. And judging by some of their marks this season when they haven't skated well, they may get huge scores anyway.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Elena & Anton skated early back in 2002 (under the old system too) and it didn't hurt them at all. I think things will be fine and I hope everyone skates well. I like both Shen & Zhao and Aliona & Robin so I'm rooting for both them along with the American and Canadian pairs.

Thanks for the clarification on the seeding. I don't remember the order very well from last Worlds so it seemed more random to me this year.

Custom Title
    nbcolympics.com should have live scoring updates. They may even have live protocols. I think they did in Torino.

The good news is most broadcasters, especially in Canada and the US, will have to devote virtually all of their Sunday primetime coverage to the pairs. I can't see that many break-aways to cover other sports with this draw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2