Thread: Georgia WILL march in the opening ceremonies and WILL compete in Winter Olympic Games

Georgia WILL march in the opening ceremonies and WILL compete in Winter Olympic Games

looks like earlier reports/rumors were incorrect. From vancouver2010.com:
    http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic..._274144cf.html
    "On the Georgian team's participation, during the 2008 Summer Olympics Georgia was invaded by Russia and despite this they stayed and won several medals," said minister for sports and culture Nikolos Rurua.
    "So our sportsmen have decided to be loyal to the spirit of the Olympic Games and compete and dedicate their efforts to their fallen comrade."

Yay!

I know a tragedy happened, but all athletes worked very hard for the Olympics and it would be heartbreaking if Georgia had to withdraw.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I'm very happy to hear this. They can still investigate and protest the accident but there's no need to punish Elene and the others, and all their fans at home.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    As it should be. The other athletes should not have their dreams crushed because of this. Why make a tragic event worse?

with it being such a small delegation of athletes I would hope that they polled the athletes one way or the other to see if they wanted to continue.