French Pair Set To Make History | Golden Skate

French Pair Set To Make History

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

jcoates

Medalist
Thanks for posting. Nice to see more diversity being added to skating as the years progress.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was surprised to see this article hadn't been posted yet, but it got buried early on today on the official website due to the horrible luge accident/death this morning.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, to be fair to the article, it does state black "couple." Last I checked Marcy Hinzmann is not black. Still, hottie Aaron Parchem deserved a shout-out in the piece. :rock::love:

Last edited:

Tony Wheeler

On the Ice
How soon we also seem to forget about the current World Champion in pairs, who was also there in 2006.

But I do think this article meant the first couple, not individual skater on a team.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well, to be fair to the article, it does state black "couple." Last I checked Marcy Hinzmann is not black. Still, hottie Aaron Parchem deserved a shout-out in the piece. :rock::love:

My bad I thought Marcy was African American. Do you know what nationality she is?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
But I do think this article meant the first couple, not individual skater on a team.

that's exactly what it meant - it says so in the portion I quoted "the first black COUPLE"

btw, nice to see you posting here, Tony! :wave: