Skaters at the Opening ceremony | Golden Skate

Skaters at the Opening ceremony

Ximena

Final Flight
So who did you see?

I saw Lindemann, Tugba (or someone that looked a lot like her and the camera stayed with her a while), Sasha Zaretsky (flag bearer for Greece), Stephane Lambiel (flag bearer for Switzerland), from team USA I only saw Frank Carroll and then call me crazy but I swear I saw Mishin, he was holding a camera and taping everything.

And then well in the big screen, when they were showing all the sports I saw Shizuka, Sasha, Plushenko and Lambiel.

jcoates

Medalist
I saw Meryl, Charlie, Igor, Rachel, Jeremy Barrett, Mark Ladwig, Marina, possibly Tessa, Samuelson and Bates, John Kerr, Lambiel, Van Der Perren, Sebestyen, Dube and Davison, Vanessa Crone, Rochette, Cheltzie Lee, Lindemann, and the Zaretskis. I think I might have caught a glimpse of Elene Gedevanishvili's head just behind one of the much taller members of the Georgian delegation as they were marching in. Can anyone else confirm this?

sorcerer

Final Flight
In Team Japan, Nobu and Reeds.
In Team Georgia, Allison Reed, not Gedevanishvilli .... but I might have missed some instance.

hongligl

Final Flight
Who did you see in the opening ceremony?

Nice ceremony!

I saw Yan Liu, KevinVDP, Stephane Liambiel, German figure skater Stefan, Patrick Chan, Joannie, Cynthia, Annabelle/Cody(?), V/M(?) and maybe Brian Jobert?

Anybody else was in the march?

Edited: Sorry I didn't see a similar thread's been opened already. Please merge if it should be. Thanks.

Last edited:

aurora100

Final Flight
Nice ceremony!

I saw Yan Liu, KevinVDP, Stephane Liambiel, German figure skater Stefan, Patrick Chan, Joannie, Cynthia, Annabelle/Cody(?), V/M(?) and maybe Brian Jobert?

Anybody else was in the march?

Zaretsky's from Israel, Marina Zoueva, dance coach, Lori Nichol, Chan's coach, Davis and White, Virtue and Moir

Ximena

Final Flight
Oh I thought I saw Nobu but I wasn't sure, but for what you wrote it seems it was.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
It was adorable how Stephane was twirling around with the flag, which I didn't see many flag-bearers do. But the zebra is known for his spins! :D

gourry

Final Flight
Sasha Zaretsky (flag bearer for Greece)

You mean Israel. ;)
I saw Julia bearing the flag for Hungary. She looked stunning and happy! And Kevin van der Perren! Yay!
Meryl was very pretty today. I was really excited that NBC took such a long close up shot of her. By the way, was Tanith there??

magicalwords

On the Ice
I think I might've caught a glimpse of Johnny..
And maybe Rachael too?

Stephane L. Julia S. KVDP Meryl Charlie and others I'm sure of..

jennylovskt

Medalist
From his twitter, I believe Evan is there. But I didn't see him. I saw Davis, White, and Abbott. Lambiel was so cute!

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Cheltzie Lee was so darned cute, so petite next to the other Aussie athletes. I saw Tessa & Scott, Cynthia, Patrick Chan and Annabelle Langlois.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Here's who I saw at the OC on the NBC broadcast... thank goodness I TiVo it last night just in case I missed anyone
-KVDP
-Johnny Gaga
-Stephane (and his spinning with the flag)
-Rachael
-Merlie (mostly Meryl)
-JRo (just 3 seconds of her)
-JDube
-S/B (mostly Emily)
-Elene G. :(
-Mrs. KVDP
-Cherlize Lee
-P/B (awww Fabian)
-Javi
-Tubga
-Stefan (he's so tiny)
-Nobu
-Tan & Ben (glad they made it)
-Granny
-JAbb
-The Japanese Reeds
-Johnny Kerr
-The Zaretskis (and Galit Chait)

Too bad NBC skipped the Czechs! Would've loved to see a glimpse of Tomas and Michal in those funky pants! At least I got to see Jagr for a second.

Last edited:

jcoates

Medalist
Did anyone else recognize Barbara Ann Scott by her hair before her face was shown? Her hairstyle is as iconic as she is.