Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST

mishieru07

On the Ice
Is there any chance that I'll be able to watch FS live at all? Does anyone have a feed which isn't geo-blocked? )):

For the love of GOD, I wish football fans in my country would shut up and stop complaining that we aren't getting coverage for the World Cup. I've been subsisting off feeds and youtube since I became a fan.

It's the OLYMPICS and I'm not getting any coverage at all. FML.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Depends on how much you want to, I suppose (to be fair, I thought the score would be around 61, so within the margin of error is fine for me)

Still thought their performance was great but wasn't expecting to be that high. With the 2 Russians, 2 Chinese, the Ukranians, and D-squared left, they'll be at 8th, which means they'll make the penulimate group! :biggrin:

Update: Italians are 4th. What is the cut-off? 16?

Layfan

Record Breaker
Is there any chance that I'll be able to watch FS live at all? Does anyone have a feed which isn't geo-blocked? )):

For the love of GOD, I wish football fans in my country would shut up and stop complaining that we aren't getting coverage for the World Cup. I've been subsisting off feeds and youtube since I became a fan.

having the same problem here in Mexico ...:cry:

katymay

Medalist

What I do is d/l from a torrent site in the UK called The Box. BBC coverage which is much better then US coverage, with a larger number of skaters. Ought to be there by tomorrow around midday.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I like the new Russian pair, Bazarova and Lariyonov. They have a good flow, and a lilting style of movement; I look for good things from them in the future.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I like the new Russian pair, Bazarova and Lariyonov. They have a good flow, and a lilting style of movement; I look for good things from them in the future.

Yep, they'll probably be a force by Sochi 2014. I really like Vera Bazarova, she reminds me of a young Gordeeva--perfect posture, good lines, etc.

gold12345

Medalist

I like their flow, too. I just want to see them liven up their skating some more and show some emotion.

ARipp42014

Medalist
K-squared in 8th with the Swiss skating.

*hugs for our Mexican friend and MK's Winter* I want my Pairs too, not Moguls!

I do have to watch Vera & Yuri's performance when I'm home from work tonite. Every feed online is acting up and NBC isn't doing any favors by playing Moguls!

katymay

Medalist
I use "utorrent" but you have to join the site (a private site called "the box"-UK). Today I saw different stuff listed from "New Torrents" another site.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Hey, at least they delayed the Moguls so we could see some of the pairs live. And when a certain result happened in the Moguls which happened to be quite significant...not that this will excuse them if they don't wrap this up before M&T!

Moxie

On the Ice
Yep, they'll probably be a force by Sochi 2014. I really like Vera Bazarova, she reminds me of a young Gordeeva--perfect posture, good lines, etc.

Heh. I thought so too.

Grr! I wish I could get a feed to work. Watching NBC flip between so many things is maddening.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
You think Vera & Yuri will be the "chosen ones" for Sochi?

I just looked up ages in the ISU bios. I think that the currently top two Russian pairs will still be young enough to compete in Sochi, so it depends on how the teams do in the season going into it. Things can change a lot in four years. I think that pairs skating does not demand quite as young an age as does singles skating; look at how well Shen and Zhao skated tonight!

amateur

Final Flight
I've really enjoyed these last few lesser-known European teams - Italians, British, Swiss.. each had some rather solid stuff in there, and good performances. I'm really enjoying the commentary of Sale/Pelletier and Rod Black. S/P naturally very knowledgeable and it's nice to hear their appreciation and praise of any well-done move among these lesser-ranked teams.

Last edited: