Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Looking forward to a high quality competition tonight. My favourite short programme of the year is M/T, I thought it was skated superbly in the Europeans and I really would them to do very well here. I think the Germans are under a lot of pressure, they have been the dominant pair of the last four years but things have not been going well for them this year. Will they be able to skate cleanly this time round? They have not done so often in the past but that did not stop them from winning.

Of the Chinese my favourites are P/T but I wonder is it going to be like last year where they were on top form on Grand Prix circuit but come the world were of the pace. How will Z/Z do? They have really fallen of the pace this year, was never their biggest fan. S/Z are looking unbeatable, it's hard to look past them for the winner.

Go Maria and Max.

Trewyn

Medalist
My favorite SP is that of the Germans. I know they have some fierce competition and they may not win these games; I hope they will skate the SP clean and powerful; I watched it at Europeans and it was amazing!! I hope they'll be okay skating last...

ARipp42014

Medalist
Would it be something if all 3 Chinese pairs go 1-2-3 going into the LP tomorrow with today being Chinese New Years! I doubt that would happen (I have the Germans in 2nd) but that would be interesting to see.

Was watching the Preview Show with Terry, Kristi, and Peter on Universal Sports and all picked Shen and Zhao to take the lead tonite. However one of their staff who saw the practices said that Yuko & Sasha looked very strong during practice today and might put on a great performance tonite.

Anyway... go Shen & Zhao, Ali & Robin, Pang & Tong, D-squared, Masha & Max, and Yuko & Sasha! :agree::agree::agree:

76olympics

On the Ice
So excited ( even though I don't feel great today)... Go Shen and Zhao! Go USA! I am so glad that we have two teams that haven't been to the Olympics before. I know they are so pumped up! Go Everybody, for that matter!

pista04

On the Ice
I'm not sure who else caught it, but NBC had an amazing fluff piece during short track speed skating women's relay heats. Ah. Got me so pumped for tonight.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Pfft, speed skating. If I want to people skate around in a circle, I can just watch Plushenko and Joubert.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Pfft, speed skating. If I want to people skate around in a circle, I can just watch Plushenko and Joubert.

:laugh:

If that is the case, I prefer everyone from Team Colbert (since the US team is sponsored by Steve Colbert and the Colbert Nation)

Back to pairs! Only less than 90 minutes away from Shen & Zhao!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
My apopoglies if there is an obvious or an already-given answer, but is there a feed to watch this in Canada? I don't have a TV!