Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program, Sunday 14th, 7:30PM EST

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Beautiful program from Kavaguti/Smirnov :) So happy for them...only a couple points behind Shen/Zhou.

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 SHEN Xue / ZHAO Hongbo (CHN) 76.66
2 KAVAGUTI Yuko / SMIRNOV Alexander (RUS) 74.16
3 LANGLOIS Anabelle / HAY Cody (CAN) 64.20
4 MUKHORTOVA Maria / TRANKOV Maxim (RUS) 63.44
5 VOLOSOZHAR Tatiana / MOROZOV Stanislav (UKR) 62.14
6 EVORA Amanda / LADWIG Mark (USA) 57.86
7 DELLA MONICA Nicole / KOCON Yannick (ITA) 56.82
8 BAZAROVA Vera / LARIONOV Yuri (RUS) 56.54
9 MORAND Anais / DORSAZ Antoine (SUI) 55.34
10 DENNEY Caydee /BARRETT Jeremy (USA) 53.26
11 JAMES Vanessa /BONHEUR Yannick (FRA)51.16
12 KEMP Stacey / KING David (GBR) 48.28
13 HAUSCH Maylin / WENDE Daniel (GER) 45.46
14 SERGEJEVA Maria / GLEBOV Ilja (EST) 42.18
15 KOSTENKO Ekaterina / TALAN Roman (UKR) 39.54
16 SULEJ Joanna / CHRUSCINSKI Mateusz (POL) 39.30

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
So yeah, now we can say that Shen/Zhao are not being inflated if K/S get a 74 for that. Within the margin of error, so again, I'm fine with it.

Ximena

Final Flight
K&S were beautiful! Small collition after the twist, but so beautiful. They are so fast!
So cute at the K&C talking at the same time in different languages.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Kavaguti/Smirnov firmly in the running for the podium with only 2 points behind Shen/Zhao.

Aaaaaand now for the final group....

gold12345

Medalist
I continue to be AMAZED how Kavaguti/Smirnov score so high for their clearly crashy split triple twist. And suddenly, their scores have escalated to S/Z and S/S level, even with some little shaky moments. Nice Russian bonus, huh?

ARipp42014

Medalist
And now we got a new ballgame!

1) Shen & Zhao
2) Yuko & Sasha
3) Anabelle & Cody
4) Masha & Max
5) Tatz & Stans

On deck: Pang & Tong, D-squared, the Zhangs, and Ali & Robin! This is gonna be fun to watch!

Thought Yuko & Sasha was overmarked but hey with Max messing up, they need one Russian to be in contention. I thought they were going to score between 69-71.

evangeline

Record Breaker
So yeah, now we can say that Shen/Zhao are not being inflated if K/S get a 74 for that. Within the margin of error, so again, I'm fine with it.

Yeah, as long as the final placings are 'right,' the score inflation is stomachable....

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
For a while, I was getting "server too busy". Whew! Good to be back. Vasiliyev is the coach of M&T. He looked devastated, but their score was not so bad. I was really looking forward to watching K&S :). I loved it when Smirnov kissed his coach's hand. Tamara Moskvina is an amazing coach. :)

P.S. I think the scores probably were so high for K&S because of things like difficult entries = extra points!

Last edited:

evangeline

Record Breaker
I continue to be AMAZED how Kavaguti/Smirnov score so high for their clearly crashy split triple twist. And suddenly, their scores have escalated to S/Z and S/S level, even with some little shaky moments. Nice Russian bonus, huh?

Score inflation seems to be the norm tonight (e.g. Langlois/Hay).

Fae

Rinkside
Thanks to all who are doing PBP!

I'll be stuck at work for the next 30 hours with no access to streaming/tv. CURSES!!! Things always sound way more exciting when you can't actually see it! *shakes fist*

All the best to the remaining teams!!!